With Company response Not resolved

We purchased a dishwasher from Sears.We used our Visa as a method of payment.

The register said that the charge did not go through and the salesperson put it through again. On the way home, we could not use the card for gas. It should have had a least $1000 left on it. I called and the card company said the dishwasher ($1.204.21) was charged 2 times and Sears had 2 authorization numbers.

The manager at Sears said one charge would "drop off" in about a week. In the meantime, we were going out of town and all of our lodging was to be placed on this card. We went back to the store with the rep from the card company on my cell phone. She said if she could just talk to the manager they could take one charge off.

The manager would not speak to her and we followed him to the 2nd floor. Security was called on us!! We are the ones out money--they treated us like criminals! We cancelled the order, but it will take 48 hours for that to come off.

In the meantime, Sears has $2408.42 and we have nothing. The manager told us this happens many times and he thought it was a glitch in their system! Why hasn't someone from Sears looked into this if this is a recurrent problem.

The card company says we have to wait a week and we may have to file a dispute.Thanks Sears!!

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Becky1016,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I'm deeply saddened to hear that we have let you down with in reference to these charges, and for that we apologize. Given the opportunity, we would like to talk to you. Please send us an email containing your preferred contact information –contact #, screen name (Becky1016), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.