1.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

bought a new Kenmore water heater from Sears 12-2016 and had it installed it worked one week.We called them up they first told us even with the extended warranty we bought it would cost us for part replacements if it was the heating elements and trip charge.

I was so up set telling them I was told we had full coverage they said we were mistaken so I wanted to return it was only a week old the said they would not take it back nor would Kenmore once sold its sold ! I tried calling corp. but they would not respond so we had no choice go with the repair . We tried talking to a supervisor but was told there was none(hmm really ) but this time they said they would not charge for the trip charge, so made the appointment but we had to go 2 days with no hot water .

When the repair man came he stated out heating element was bad we replied yes that's what we believed and told them he said well sorry we don't carry them on our trucks ... Come on I requested that part we were sure that was the problem ! Well sorry he said that's why I am here to diagnose the problem and will order parts he said it should come in on Monday so another 2 days no hot water if he brought the part incase we were right it could had been fixed! So Monday no part no calls Monday evening I called Sears repair they said they ant do anything its out of their hands I stated I had family coming in out of town they never cared.

I asked If I bought the part from hard wear store would they put it in they said no it had to be theirs so we had to now wait till Weds. so we had our family here and no hot water Thanks a lot Sears and Kenmore!

So finally the repair man came put the part in abut never put the other part in that was also delivered to us that is also their part we were told we needed the Aluminum / Zinc Flexible Anode Rod w Outlet Fitting and that cost 49.00 not its sitting on top of the water heater were stuck with the repair man told us to just call a plumber cause he wasn't sure how to put it in but yet he told me all that needs to be done in unscrew this bolt ( he pointed to ) pull the one out and replace it with the right one !Well come on I'm not *** if he knew that he could had done it !!!!!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of repair from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $600 and wants Sears to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service and merchandise. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments