With Company response Not resolved

My mother purchased a HVAC unit from Sears not even 5 years ago and has had nothing but problems since installation! Our last contact with Sears was with Kavita, a rude customer service representative that basically told my mother Sears was not paying for anything and any fixes required on her $8000 HVAC unit would be at her expense. It's 85 degrees plus and extremely humid and she doesn't have air. Way to back the mission statement Kavita and Sears! My newly built home will not have any purchase from Sears or its affiliates and I will be sharing my mother’s experience with my co-workers at Baxter Corporation as well as encouraging them not to make any minor (tools, drills, etc) or major (TVs, car repairs, appliances) purchases from Sears to take their business to ABT Electronic, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, and the many more retailers who appreciate their customer. The picture is clearer as to why Sears continue to go downhill. It’ll takes years and hard work for this company to recover, but my mother, my family, my friends, myself, and anyone I hear considering a purchase from Sears and/or Kmart will not be a part of the contributing factor to rebuilt the company. Matter of fact, my next step is to cancel my Discover card as I forgot they are associated with Sears.

Told her she should have gone with her 1st mind, Trane, versus Sears, that HAD an awesome reputation 20+ years ago. Wonder if Mr. Lampert knows the issues consumers are faced with when dealing with his Technician, Customer Service Representatives, and the “Corporate” staff.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Tonya1,

I came across your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry for the troubles your mother has experienced with her HVAC unit and the level of customer service she has received. We do our best to make every service interaction both positive and memorable for our customers, and we do apologize for falling short of that mark in this instance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect your mother with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience and see what can be done to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the unit is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Tonya1) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to your mother soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Dm5cats
Wallingford, Pennsylvania, United States #685981

Boy, do I agree.I also bought Hvac through sears and my whole system along with duct work and warranty was 23,000.00 dollars.

I told them I want the rest of my money back for the warranty and I am fighting to get my money back on the compressor I had to pay for to get replaced. Have to deal with carrier. What a nightmare. Boy has sears gone way downhill.

I will never deal with sears again.:(

SearsCares
to Dm5cats Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #686689
Sears Response

Dm5cats,

We are indeed sorry to learn that you have had such a terrible experience with your central air unit. It is clear that we have let you down and for that we apologize. Please be assured that this certainly is not the level of service we strive to provide our customers. We would like to speak with you about your recent experience to see how we can make this right. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Dm5cats), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.