I have a Craftman lawn mower that I brought from Sears. I called the 1-800 number on the Craftmans owners manual so that I could have my mower serviced since it had been a couple of years since if had been serviced.

The lady quoted me a price of $89 because they were having a special. I told her to go ahead and make the appointment. When the guy came out to service the mower he quoted me $180. So I called the service department as well as the customer solution department after being hung up on and transfered all over the world.

They told me that there was nothing that they could do and that I had to pay the price that the techinican was charging me and not the price that the service department quoted me. They could not explain to me why I was being charged two different prices. Nor were they trying to work something out with me because of the two different prices. I explained to them that I had the $89 that the service department quoted me but I could not afford an additional $80 that I was being charged.

And if she had first quoted me $180 I would not have made the appointment because I know that I could not afford that. These people were unprofessional and could not provide me with any explanation or solution. They could have cared less because they were not in the situation. I fell that everone needs to be on the same page when the are provinding information to customers.

They wanted me to wait four days while they were to view the information and get back to me but the techinican could not wait four day to get his additional $80. And thats not saying that they would have really viewed the information and gotten back with me. Sears has lost me as a customer. I will never step foot into another one of their stores because of there non caring attitudes.

They will never service my mower again. And I will put the word out for anyone who is considering Sears for anything.

Comments

I signed up to use the online billing process but since the first logon I haven't been able to address the account online or received a print bill from sears. I have not idea about the condition of the account since I cannot view the bill online or have a printed output sent to me. Also I canot find a customer service contact phone number to addres this problem The problem has been going for over a year now with no answers.Phone number 253-351-0910 :(

To Anonymous,

I'm very sorry to hear that your repair has not gone as you expected. Putting myself in your shoes I would not blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the tractor was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include this code(PCRSBH1) in the email so we can reference to your case. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

Brian H.