With Company response Not resolved

Warning ! Do Not use Bob Gironimi or Sears Home Improvement!

Sears Home Improvement salesman John Drews sold us premium siding in late summer 2005. The crew that came to our house did not speak English. The "foreman" Jose spoke a little broken English. I told them to stay off the roof as much as possible. I speak some Spanish. They did not listen or understand.

The crew consisted of 10 Mexicans and 1 short ladder. One worker fell off roof. One worker put hole through roof with his foot. He repaired it inadequatedly. The hole was above the garage, a place that they did not need to be on the roof. One cut our phone line. They left dozens and dozens of razor blades, nails, and sharp siding pieces on the roof. I took pictures of the debris they left. We have a flat rubber roof covered by stones.

Bob Girinimi was the person that was supposed to be responsible for this crew. We had a conference call with Jose at one point. Bob asked that I send him receipts for the work done...phone repair and roof repair estimate. He never responded. I sent the same information again, he claimed he never got it. The secretary intentionally misspelled his name to me.

We ended up replacing the roof over the garage by ourselves. Upon closer inspection of the roof and siding, we found they didn't caulk areas they should have, and actually had reported that they did. The caulking that they did was very sloppy. The siding isn't even attached well to the house. The siding on the north corner has mold, which isn't supposed to happen with this premium molding. I have tried in vain to contact them again and they never respond. This was a $30,000 siding job, paid in full. The crew is no doubt illegal immigrants.

This year, our roof has been leaking for 3 weeks and on Easter 2011 I went up on the roof and found still more nails and used razor blades. Eventually, I found a definite 3 mm hole and plugged it. Virtually all of the water coming into the house stopped overnight. I collected the sharps I found on the roof on Easter. We are replacing the roof now with local contractor who said that we have the "worst siding job" he's ever seen.

They used different color siding on a large area of the house facing the river that looks really ***. It is so loose that wasps try to get a nests built. It is pathetic looking. One person came out summer 2006 to fix it, but it was too large of a job, and he never returned.

I should sue Bob Girinmi and Sears Home Improvement at 13040 W. Lisbon Rd in Brookfield, WI 53005, 800-574-5438 fax 262-781-0891. Are they in bldg 2 suite 300? Who knows??. I want to warn people that Sears Home Improvement is a joke. And Bob Gironimi acts frauduantly and steals money from customers and hires illegals. I have documentation for all of the correspondence I have tried to make. I have a piece of siding that salesman John Drews sold to us. I dodn't even think they even used the same quality of siding that we thought we bought.

Dear Chasm,

I am having a problem with Sears - although NOTHING like yours - but nonetheless a problem.I have contacted this Social Media for Sears because I found the email address on another complaint against Sears.

They contacted me last night and I am hopeful that my problem will be resolved. But if I were you - and they messed up my house - we would be in court. No doubt about it.

My house is almost paid off and if someone damaged that house - the consequences would be dire I assure you.I will be watching this site to see what happens.

Dear SearsCares or Laura D,

There is already quite a long trail of my complaining in this matter to the proper persons. I have simply resigned myself to thinking that you can't really do anything about this. Show me that you can help by investigating what I've reported already. Let me know when that happens. I thank you for doing your job, at least. It's difficult to defend such bad business practices.

To Chasm,

Thank you for responding to my post. I want to apologize again for all the trouble you have gone through and say that we do want to help you with the poor service and work you received when your siding was installed. I am part of the Sears Cares Escalation team and we do handle escalated situations such as yours. If you can send us an email to smsupport@searshc.com with your name and contact information we can begin to look into this situation and see if we can make this right for you. Once you email us your information, a Senior Case Manager will contact you directly and begin working on your case. We will be a single point of contact for you and handle your case personally from start to finish. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to speaking with you.

Laura D.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Laura D.,

Call Bob. He has all that info you're looking for. I need professional installers, not a social media moderator.

Sears Response

Dear Chasm,

I want to apologize for the difficulties you have had with Sears Home Improvement. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and is certainly not the type of service we want for our valued customers. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. This means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we may address the concerns you related in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the siding was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Chasm) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

If any other viewers of this thread need assistance with a Sears’ related issue we want to hear from you as well. Please do email us at smsupport@searshc.com with your contact information and a brief description of the situation and we will be glad to assist you.

Laura D.