With Company response

What is up with Sears/Kenmore? Over the past 5 years we have had two cases where we purchased items from Sears/KMart - a Whirlpool dryer and a Kenmore chest freezer both of which crapped out within 2 years of purchase. We paid A & E in both cases only to find out that the replacement parts/labor would be > than the original purchase or else the replacement part is not available. Why doesn't Sears/Kenmore be truthful and just say that they sell old junk that is going to fail and can;t be repaired so you better buy the extended warrantee? Calling the Sears Customer Solutions Center was a total waste of time. Never again will I buy an appliance from Sears or KMart. Try PCRichards who service/support their products.

This freezer unit is Kenmore model #5519702010 purchased from KMart during the summer of 2011. After checking the Mfr date (11-04) I am coming to the realization that KMart is selling old junk that is not repairable. The compressor/motor is good; the start capacitor is good; the start relay is bad and only comes as as a conversion ***'y but this itself is NLA (not longer available). For lack of a 2" square component the rest of teh unit is now going to the recycling center. To add further umbrage to this customer experience, instead of $80.25 for the service call which was discussed and agreed to for the diagnostic test, the credit card charge came up as $105.93 (which I will dispute). The A & E tech could only mumble that duh, man, that was how the charge came up and I can't reverse it. Then he left rather quickly and the freezer wasn;t completely put back together. Did I mention that the 6.5 cu ft freezer only cost around $200.00?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi Anonymous,

Please pardon our mistake; we are reaching out concerning your chest freezer. We appreciate you taking time to post about your chest freezer repair occurrences; we definitely understand how challenging this has been. We can assure you; for many years Sears has provided high quality products with superior member services and we apologize we didn’t live up to this reputation concerning your chest freezer. My name is Brian, and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am reaching out to you to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to see what options are available concerning your chest freezer repair. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous 455941), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking time to post about your washer repair occurrences; we definitely understand how challenging this has been. We can assure you; for many years Sears has provided high quality products with superior member services and we apologize we didn’t live up to this reputation concerning your washer. My name is Brian, and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am reaching out to you to offer our assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to see what options are available concerning your washer repair. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous 455941), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.