With Company response Not resolved

Purchased a Toshiba 40 inch TV from Sears in December 2011 also enquired about an extended warranty the sales man told me that he was to busy but I have 30 days to come back in to purchase the extended warranty as I did not make it back to Sears with in the 30 days.I was not able to purchase the extended warranty for my TV, we hooked the TV up on January 14 2012 it worked great for five weeks then would not turn on so I called and spoke to Sears they said there is only a fifteen day warranty that I was not informed about when I purchased the TV.

I had to find that out after the TV broke, Sears told me that I have to deal with the manufacture and Sears gave me the phone number to Toshiba, spent four hours on the phone trying to resolve my broken TV issue. It is now march, they had taken my TV and I would like to know how long it will be in the repair shop, they said which they don't know how long it will take. I wish I had extra money so I could go and purchase another TV but not in the budget as I had to save for eight months to purchase this broken TV. So here we go another three to five months with out a TV, now will my warranty start over if and when the TV is returned ?

One thing that is for sure is that I'm glad to see how your company stands behind your products and on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say a double zero.

One thing that is for sure I will NEVER purchase anything from Sears or any Toshiba products ever again.

I wish I could say Thank you for all that you have done but you haven't done anything.Margaret S

for any more info please contact me at (519)753-7513

Why would sears offer to help you after their return policy and after you didn't buy the extended warranty? The same thing would happen just about at every signal retailer you would have bought the TV/ Camera from.

I had the same thing happen with a nikon camera I purchased from Sears.I paid 300.00 for it, the guy that sold it too me said it had a one year warranty.

Last week when I called Sears to see about getting it repaired, I was told you have to send it to Nikon. I called Nikon and did my homework on them before sending them my camera. I checked the BBB to find out Nikon isnt registered with them and that their reviews on Nikon and their repair fauclty are horrible at best. I called Sears again to inform them that I wasnt going to send my camera off to somewhere that I didnt feel safe about.

I told them that the guy who sold me the camera said you have the blue team behind you and we service what we sale, yet when I needed help I got told to send my camera off to a company who might not send it back to me. I made several phone calls to several managers only to be treated like I did something wrong. I was offered a 10 percent discount on the purchase of a new camera ( over 250.00 ). No way not going to happen.

I have been a customer for over 25 years and thought they might value my business, I guess not.

Thank You Sears, it is spring break and I have a broke camera.I will never give Sears one single dime of my money and I am going to spread the word about Nikon and Sears.

Sears Response

Dear Troytaylor,

Please accept our apologies for the disappointments you have encountered concerning the repair of your television. We are also sorry to hear you have been without your television, your frustrations are understandable. We’d like to assist you in this matter. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team and I would like one of our dedicated case managers to contact you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number your television was purchased under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “Troytaylor” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

It's not Sear'svfault that your TV broke. Maybe you should have bought the warranty. Sounds like a case of "It's my fault but I'll blame it on someone else."