With Company response Not resolved

You're associates in the store and then you're Corporate office need customer training! My experience at the store was extremely traumatic, and from that I will never step into another Sears store again!

I was treated like a criminal, my intelligence was underestimated, I was accused of something that I didn't do, and then humiliated in front of a crowd of customers in close proximity also my children, all at the fault of your associates (SARAH #980383) error.

I was there to make a return on 3 items that I purchased 2 days prior, which did not work for me, I thought it would be a simple transaction since I had the receipts, tags and items purchased. Assumingly because I "fit a profile" the cashier (Large Hispanic woman #7500) at the returns desk, had a issue with the return or possibly had a issue with African Americans because she automatically had a nasty negative attitude when I got to the counter, where I witnessed her ringing out the customer prior to me, with a completely different domineer. When I told the associate (7500) that I wanted to return my items she looked at me and snatched the receipt out of my hands and asked me what was wrong with the items, and told me that she couldn't return them because they were from the intimate department. She obviously had a problem, because she was flinging and snatching the tags to re-ticket the items and when the return was complete she threw my change on the counter, after I had asked her to stop with the attitude!

Then the original checker (Sarah) came up to relieve (7500) on her break, I had asked if she could help me, because I had 2 more returns to do, and she was my original sales associate, which she did. Apparently (Sarah) had forgot to ring up one of the (Buy one, get one half off on the items that I was returning, and she accused me of stealing them, she called security, called about 5 managers and kept repeating very loudly, that she had a customer trying to return items that were not on her receipt. There were several people in line waiting to be for their turn to check out, over hearing my unpleasant experience; I had to wait about 30 minutes while Sarah made several phone calls to security and management. Overall, for the time and effort it was worth, for a $15 dollar return, which if it wasn't on the receipt, I didn't want the money for the return, I just wanted the money back for the one I paid for, I never got an apology from anyone in the store, and when I called Corporate then next day, the lady I spoke with to file the claim, told me that I fit a certain profile, as an African American female, that associates look for?

Then she told me to look at my receipt the next time I walk out of a store, and then if the store thought I was guilty of theft, that the store would have called the police. After stating all that, the lady hung up on me and never called back so when I called and got a male associate, he told me that the lady who I spoke with earlier needs training and she should never have said that to me.

Review about: Sears Cashier.

Comments

I think your intelligence was over estimated

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Tanderson217,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and it has raised concern. Please our deepest apology for the poor service you received at your local Sears. We entrust our associates to build relationships with our customers and this did not happen. We are especially sorry for the unprofessional manner in which one of our call center agents handled your complaint. We do appreciate your continued patronage and would like to speak to your further about your experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Tanderson217 you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.