I received a Dewalt tool set for Christmas from my brother in law. He wasn't aware I already had one of the items in the so I attempted to return the item for an exchange to a Craftsman item I've been wanting which was the identical price. I was told in a very degrading tone by the cashier that I couldn't return without receipt. I dismissed the employees negativity at first but when I approached him again to ask a further question about the policy I was just given a glaring look and told, "what did I tell you, no receipt, no return."

I returned home and contacted my family member about a receipt and after a couple days of searching he informed me he wasn't able to locate it. This item has multiple labels on it that appear to show when and what store it was delivered to either by the manufacturer or by Sears themselves. It clearly allows a timeline to be figured when it was in a store and when it would've been purchased.

If this item didn't have all the Sears labeling I could understand the return being rejected but this is a large item that I wouldn't have been able to "smuggle" out of the store under a jacket, it's covered intra-Sears labeling, and I'm trying to simply exchange for an item of the same price and one that's a Sears owned brand, Craftsman.

I've been a loyal Sears customer for a long time, and a loyal Craftsman user for a long time. This experience has me reconsidering that. There are plenty of other options available to me to spend my money in.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "exchange for store branded product of same price" as the author lost $150. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments