Update by user Aug 29, 2012

stephanie L. from Sears has never contacted me after i sent her all of the requested information.

This is just Sears trying to convince pissed consumers that they care. Nice try Stephanie.

Update by user Aug 28, 2012

still watching this annoying defective television. I was contacted by email from someone at Sears consumer headquarters that they may be able to help but after I responded i never heard back from them. Sears used to be great but now seems to have monumental problems and is very unprofitable and i am hoping i can resolve this before they go under.

Update by user Jun 14, 2012

as an update it has now been 8 times Sears has sent repair people out and the set is still not fixed. I cant understand it.

they must have a fortune invested in this. on the 7th visit there were 2 repairmen in two trucks both coming from a couple of hours away and they replaced nearly everything in the set

Original review posted by user May 08, 2012

six times Sears has been out to fix my flat screen purchased there and keeps repairing the same part which does not fix the problem. Then they made me purchase an extended warranty or would not come out again.

Now they are telling me i must wait 2 weeks for a part and i am without a tv. they admit that there is no assurance it can be fixed.

The manufacturer, LG, says they should have replaced the set after trying to fix it the first time and that I should have bought the set somewhere else. Stay away from Sears.

Comments

jsklink@hotmail.com
Silverdale, Washington, United States #584738

still no help from Sears regarding my faulty television even though i have the extended warranty and a rep said they would help. It has been over a year and a half and it still does not work properly

Dear Jsklink@hotmail.com,

My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team, we have just come across your post and would like to extend our apologies for the troubles you have encountered with the repair of your television. We understand that a total of six repairs can be frustrating. We would like to contact you and look further into this on your behalf to also go over what options we have in order to assist. At you at your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your television was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name “Jsklink@hotmail.com” you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.