With Company response Not resolved

Had an elliptical on layaway, over $1,200 paid in. Cancelled the layaway because Sears would not honor sale price.

Received a refund of $290 and not another penny - it has been over 3 weeks. Have called Sears and spoke with at least 5 representatives, have been told a different story each time, each told me the previous person "gave me incorrect information." First was told it would be 7-10 days until I received the remainder of the $. Then was told it would be back in my account in 24 to 48 hours. Next person apologized and said 7-10 days (this was 3 weeks later).

The latest story is that their records show they reimbursed me the full amount and they will research it - of course it will be another 7-10 days for that to happen.

NEVER AGAIN will I shop at Sears. Next step is to file a complaint with attorney general's office.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #749413

File a complaint we the state because what they did is stealing from you. Also,

I would call the better business bureau and let them know you were defrauded out of money that was yours.

That should get their attention. Keep specific records of each phone number you called, what time it was you called and the supposed names of the people you talked to. The more you document,the better the chance you get back what is yours.

I really feel someone is getting wealthy off of monies that others have sent for items they either did not get o returned and were not credited. :eek

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Kimging,

We are sorry for the disappointing experience you have encountered with your layaway and for the delay with receiving your refund. We are more than happy to look into this for you to get this issue resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (kimging), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Misty H.