Sears - Cancelled my order after a sale! Told me to reorder at a higher price!
Update added by user Sep 17, 2015
They still have not credited the charges back to our credit card. Instead, they promised to reinstate the order, add a free wall oven, and keep the order at the sales prices we originally had.
Of course, the very next day they emailed and cancelled, saying that their were too man orders in this area.
Original review posted by user Sep 08, 2015
Spend hours on Labors day weekend picking out four major appliances for my kitchen renovation. Went to place my order and the website froze. No problem. Started a chat with the Sears representative. They placed my order. Got an excellent deal. The next day, Labor's Day, the charges had been applies to our credit card. We were excited about getting our appliances.
Later that day, we received an email stating that they had a computer glitch and that our order had accidentally been cancelled. We were advised to call back and replace our order. So, once again, I was prepared to place our order. (This was my third time. 1st with the computer freeze, 2nd with the rep on line, and now on the phone.)
The person that I spoke with on the phone was not knowledgeable in the least and parroted everything I said to her. When I ask her why my order was cancelled, she told me that my payment had not gone through. I new that was untrue. We had verified it earlier and it had already been applied to our credit card. We I advised her of that she switched gears and said that instead there was a computer glitch. It wasn't put in right.
I asked to speak to a manager. She said she had to put me on hold. When she answered the line again. It was the same girl, the same girl. We asked her if she was a manager. She said she was a case manager for Sears. I was ready to just give up. I asked why our order had been cancelled and she said that there was a computer problem with the order.
I said, "Then fix it." She stated that I would have to reorder the entire order, but she would give me 10% off. I asked her off of what? The amount that my order came to when I had originally placed it or off of the full priced item? She stated, "I can give you 10% off." Avoiding my question, this went back and forth for a long while. Finally, I lost my temper and she stated she could take 10% off of the regular price of the item.
She stated that they did not have my selected refrigerator, but would find one that was comparable. Then puts me on hold and comes back and tells me that she has a comparable one but it is a different color. I stated to her that it has to be the same color to match my kitchen.
Now, it is the day after Labor Day. I log onto my Sears Account. It states that I have not placed an order in the last six months. You have totally erased it. It doesn't even show what I had to even use the appliances that we found to look for them else where. I will never do business here again.
She told me that she was noting on the account that I had been offered a 10% discount. I advised her to also note that cancelling a person's order after they had bought and paid for their merchandize and expecting them to reorder it and pay another $3000 to $4000 for it totally unacceptable. I ordered my merchandise in good faith, have been a long time loyal customer, and I feel cheated, lied to, and totally deflated.
Kenmore Elite Kenmore Elite 29.9 Cu. Ft. 4-Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator w/ Dispenser
Item # 04672489000P Model # 72489
GE Appliances 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ Stainless Steel Interior & Hidden Controls - Black
Item # 02210179000P Model # GDT580SGFBB
GE Profile™ Series 1.7 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven w/ Convection - Black
Item # 02281069000P Model # PVM9179DFBB
Frigidaire Gallery FGGC3645QB 36'' Gas Cooktop - Black
Item # 02226369000P Model # FGGC3645QB
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Layout of Store|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cancelled without reason
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Frigidaire Fggc3645Qb Gallery 36-Inch Gas Cooktop
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My parents purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher for me last Christmas. A couple of weeks ago a small rubber fitting blew out. I called 1-888-Kenmore to see about..."
- "I bought 2 garage door openers from Sears in the Willowbrook Mall. I also paid for installation, thinking that a Sears Installer would do the work. Instead a..."
- "On September 18, 2014 my husband and I purchased a Kenmore French Door/Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (Model #596.72383411 Serial #K42612063) from Sears, in Murphy, NC, at a cost of $2,469.96...."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I bought a $2,700.00 fabric sectional couch brand new from Farmers Furniture and I am pissed. The first six months the legs broke off and after 9 months the..."
- "I ordered the three wise owls for my sister B-day Feb. 28th, she lives in Michigan. The same very exact day, I ordered the Axis Dining table and the three..."
- "Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late..."