Sears - Cancelled my order after a sale! Told me to reorder at a higher price!

810 of 3985 Sears reviews

Update added by user Sep 17, 2015

They still have not credited the charges back to our credit card. Instead, they promised to reinstate the order, add a free wall oven, and keep the order at the sales prices we originally had.

Of course, the very next day they emailed and cancelled, saying that their were too man orders in this area.

Original review posted by user Sep 08, 2015

Spend hours on Labors day weekend picking out four major appliances for my kitchen renovation. Went to place my order and the website froze. No problem. Started a chat with the Sears representative. They placed my order. Got an excellent deal. The next day, Labor's Day, the charges had been applies to our credit card. We were excited about getting our appliances.

Later that day, we received an email stating that they had a computer glitch and that our order had accidentally been cancelled. We were advised to call back and replace our order. So, once again, I was prepared to place our order. (This was my third time. 1st with the computer freeze, 2nd with the rep on line, and now on the phone.)

The person that I spoke with on the phone was not knowledgeable in the least and parroted everything I said to her. When I ask her why my order was cancelled, she told me that my payment had not gone through. I new that was untrue. We had verified it earlier and it had already been applied to our credit card. We I advised her of that she switched gears and said that instead there was a computer glitch. It wasn't put in right.

I asked to speak to a manager. She said she had to put me on hold. When she answered the line again. It was the same girl, the same girl. We asked her if she was a manager. She said she was a case manager for Sears. I was ready to just give up. I asked why our order had been cancelled and she said that there was a computer problem with the order.

I said, "Then fix it." She stated that I would have to reorder the entire order, but she would give me 10% off. I asked her off of what? The amount that my order came to when I had originally placed it or off of the full priced item? She stated, "I can give you 10% off." Avoiding my question, this went back and forth for a long while. Finally, I lost my temper and she stated she could take 10% off of the regular price of the item.

She stated that they did not have my selected refrigerator, but would find one that was comparable. Then puts me on hold and comes back and tells me that she has a comparable one but it is a different color. I stated to her that it has to be the same color to match my kitchen.

Now, it is the day after Labor Day. I log onto my Sears Account. It states that I have not placed an order in the last six months. You have totally erased it. It doesn't even show what I had to even use the appliances that we found to look for them else where. I will never do business here again.

She told me that she was noting on the account that I had been offered a 10% discount. I advised her to also note that cancelling a person's order after they had bought and paid for their merchandize and expecting them to reorder it and pay another $3000 to $4000 for it totally unacceptable. I ordered my merchandise in good faith, have been a long time loyal customer, and I feel cheated, lied to, and totally deflated.

Kenmore Elite Kenmore Elite 29.9 Cu. Ft. 4-Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator w/ Dispenser

Item # 04672489000P Model # 72489

GE Appliances 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ Stainless Steel Interior & Hidden Controls - Black

Item # 02210179000P Model # GDT580SGFBB

GE Profile™ Series 1.7 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven w/ Convection - Black

Item # 02281069000P Model # PVM9179DFBB

Frigidaire Gallery FGGC3645QB 36'' Gas Cooktop - Black

Item # 02226369000P Model # FGGC3645QB

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Cancelled without reason

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Frigidaire Fggc3645Qb Gallery 36-Inch Gas Cooktop
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #696401 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sears? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
810 of 3985 Sears reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 15, 2015 #1033927

Be happy your order didn't go through. It is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems you'll face with Sears. Go to Lowe's .... I understand they will price match. I know it doesn't help you now but...

1 0 Reply

Sep 10, 2015 #1032244

Perfect example why the whole online ordering fad will never superseed retail stores where you interact with humans who provide customer service.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.