With Company response Not resolved

Purchased a new chain saw in November and by June the Inside of the chain brake was melted. The local store said it should be covered by warranty and sent it off to their technician.

After a week, I was told that I had run the saw with a broken chain (which it had not) now they refuse to honor the warrant...I won't be back, just hope I don't have any more warranty issues since I have a household full of items purchased from Sears.

I don't know why Sears doesn't stand behind the Craftsman name anymore. It use to mean something

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Chendrickson,

My name is Liz and I am with the Sears Cares escalations team. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have failed met that goal. We are terribly sorry for the mishaps you have been experienced with your chain saw and the level of customer service you have received. From your post we can see that we certainly have let you down and would like to offer some assistance. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to address your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name that you have been assigned to reference your post (chendrickson), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #698522

Buy a Stihl from a local dealer. He will take care of you.

His business depends on it. Sears could care less. I do not understand why people still shop at Sears.

Terrible customer service now and their products are cheaply made by some big companies, but made to Sears specs and thus made cheaply. Now you know.