With Company response Not resolved

I tried to place an order with Sears on 7th November and every time i entered my card details, their site informed me that there was a payment error and therefore the transaction didn’t appear to go through.I tried to use a different card and had the same problem with the site.

I proceeded to speak to a Sears colleague on the instant chat tool and she informed me to contact my financial institution. I contacted my financial institution and they have informed me that the payment went through four times on one card and twice on the second card, SIX times in total. I never received any confirmation via email that the order had been placement or payment was received. I have since tried calling, emailing and speaking to a multitude of Sears customer service agents to resolve the issue and be reimbursed for these transactions but no one has been able or willing to resolve this issue for me, and they have fed me with misinformation about how the funds will be reimbursed within 24-48 hours, and this HAS NOT HAPPENED.

I am now extremely annoyed as it has been a week and still no resolution.

I have been charged six times for an order that was never placed due to a website error.I will never again shop with Sears and am telling everyone I know never again to shop with Sears.

They are an absolute disgrace.

Review about: Sears Website.

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765611

I would contact the attorney general in your state.That is a CRIMINAL offense to steal money and then evade you concerning paying it back.

I don't know HOW they get away with that. Did you use a credit card? If so call the credit card company as they usually can pressure leeches like this to give you a refund.

I wonder if it was, infact, a mistake.

I have read several instances where they did this to other customers.

Sears Response

Hi megs86,

Thank you for posting your concerns here. We apologize for the trouble with your online order and for the confusion with your refund. We certainly want to get you your money back as quickly as possible and resolve this issue to best of our abilities. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (megs86), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we will be in touch to address further. We look forward to assisting you!

Misty H.