Ludlow, Pennsylvania

My wife and I purchased a bed/boxspring for 463.21.on Friday,of course,went to purchase groceries and our card was declined.went to the bank and was told that sears had put in the same charge twice.the charge could not be removed unless the "MERCHANT" removed it.

we spent 4 hrs on the phone with what SEARS calls their "CUSTOMER SERVICE." After going through numerous service people,none of whom could understand English,and who just kept reading off of their scripts,we demanded to speak to a manager.after explaining that all of our available cash was now frozen due to their double-charging us,we were promised by three different managers that they would fax the necessary release form to the bank immediately where the bank manager was ready to resolve the problem. not one of them did anything.so, here we are,it's Friday evening,6pm, we have zero cash until the following thurs. the 463.21 we counted on is gone.first we were told they could not help because their systems were down and it would be hours before it was fixed.when told that that was unacceptable , we went to alleged "MANAGERS," all of whom barely spoke English, but mysteriously had the first names of SHANE, DYLAN ,MIDGE. WHEN ASKED FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE numbers, each of them did not know what I was asking for and then when pressed further,they gave numbers that they then changed when asked to repeat them.

I felt like I had entered the "TWILIGHT ZONE" . My wife and I have never experienced such a unresponsive,uncaring,incompetent and *** group who make up what is supposed to be CUSTOMER SERVICE. SO MEANWHILE, WE WAIT 3-5,NO WAIT!,MAYBE 7 DAYS, BEFORE WE HAVE THE ERRONEOUS SECOND CHARGE REMOVED FROM OUR ACCOUNT. REGARDLESS THAT IT COULD BE CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY WITH A STANDARD CHARGE RELEASE FORM FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE BANK,OR GOD FORBID, AN ACTUAL PHONE CALL TO THE BANK OR EVEN EASIER YET, SIMPLY CREDIT THE ACCOUNT ELECTRONICALLY, WHICH TAKES A FEW SECONDS.

SO FOLKS, TAKE IT FROM ONE WHO KNOWS,THERE IS NO "CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT" AT SEARS.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER PURCHASE FROM SEARS, A ONCE GREAT STORE KNOWN FOR ITS QUALITY AND REPUTATION AND NOW ,LIKE SO MANY OTHER FADED AND JADED ICONS OF THE AMERICAN PAST, IT IS A GHOST OF ITSELF.A SAD END.

Review about: Sears Credit Card.

Comments