Nipomo,California

Back in 96' my husband paid off a Sears Credit Card and in 03' when we decided to buy a house they had as he owed and we had to pay it again just to get it cleared up for the purchase. Then 05' it shoed up again and this time they said it was a remainder amount of 700+ dollars...we paid it thinking we should to keep our report cleared.

In 07' I wrote a check that did not clear, they sent to a collection agency then I paid the Collection Agency...amount plus bouced fee and again "today-2011" I recieved a collection agency notice wanting payment for the same check!

When I called Sears because I am not going to send another payment they acted like I was rude on the phone "Bianca" in "Customer Service" talked over me even though all I wanted was the name of the original collection agency they had sent it to so that I could have my bank find my proof. Anyone else experiencing this situation?

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Credit Card.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 18, 2011.

Comments

This sounds like an issue that needs to be taken further however the next step is to determine the time-line in credit card charges. Since you received several attempts from collectors to retrieve the owed funds from a check allegedly payed for indicates that there was an issue when they received your payment.

I recommend checking your bank statements and see if they provide any insight as to how much money was deducted from your account you used to pay for the credit card as well as determine if your have been charged twice.

The point is to gather evidence of an error on their part should they decide to take further legal action; assuming you did indeed pay off the credit card. Good luck

Sorry but you are an ***. I wouldn't have paid Sears ***.

*** a credit report. This is why they are able to pull these stunts, people like you that don't give them *** for their dishonest practices.

EmployeeOfTheMonth

Hello.. I use to be a sears employee.

Maybe I can try and help you. Did you call the store or the 1 800 number on the back of your sears card?