My Kenmore dryer stopped heating (for the second time within 5 months) so I called the repair department and requested that a technician come to fix it. An appointment was made and I requested a 8 am to 12 noon arrival, as I had a meeting at the office that afternoon which I had to keep. I took out another 1 year warranty on the dryer at the same time as making the appointment.

The day before the technician was due to come, I received a message on my answering phone to say he would be there between 8 am and 5 pm. I called immediately to request that he come, as originally planned, between 8 am and 12 noon. I spoke to a customer representative, and was assured that the technician would be at my home as close to 8 am as possible. I took the morning off work to be there, and by 11 am he had not arrived. I called again, and was told my call was scheduled between 8 am and 5 pm. I requested to speak to a supervisor, who told me that my call had now been put back to "between 3 pm and 5 pm". I was very upset, as I had to cancel my afternoon meeting at the office,and spend the whole day at home, waiting for the technician, who finally showed up just before 3 pm.

After my warranty runs out I will purchase a new dryer, but not a Kenmore. The service ***!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments