To begin, I purchased a front loading washing Machine in February of this year. The delivery of the appliance was just as painful as this entire process has been. We waited over a month for it to finally be delivered after having at least 3 delivery calls – each of which only had 2 delivery guys and it was determined after the first visit that 3 would be required. After several phone calls, I was told that the next delivery would have 3 people; this did not happen again and again. In this situation, I had taken 2 days off work – both of which were a complete waste of my time and money. However, this was several months ago and I was just happy that it had finally been delivered and I had hoped this would be the end of this horrible experience. Unfortunately, this was not so. The washing machine stopped spinning and draining and required service.

I first contacted Sears on November 1, 2010 to request a service call for the repair. During that initial phone call, I dealt with a customer service representative who was not listening and not answering my questions. The conversation was confusing and he explained that the model number did not match his records, yet continued to take my information. When I asked for further information, he ignored me and began reading some kind of script that did not make any sense. I gave the address several times and he confirmed that we would have service on Friday, November 5th. I received a call on Thursday indicating that the Technician would be there between 12-4. I received a voicemail on Friday where a Technician said he was on his way. Two hours later, the Technician was not there. I called and confirmed information and was told that somebody would contact me within a half an hour with further information. An hour later, I still did not hear from anybody so I called back. I was told by the Representative that the postal code and/or street name did not match the address so the call was cancelled. It is frustrating as to why this was not clarified the first time I called to inquire and even more frustrating that two numbers were provided and the other number was not even attempted to inform us of the situation. As it was now Friday evening and I was extremely frustrated, I was no longer able to deal with this situation.

On Saturday morning, I decided to call again and hopefully work with the Representative calmly to have this situation resolved. I spoke with a very qualified and professional representative. She apologized and indicated that she would cancel the original service order to create another one with the correct address. She explained that there would be an Emergency put on the service order and we would receive a call within 2 hours to confirm a time and service within 24 hours. We did receive a call about 2.5 hours later indicating that the Technicians were busy and they would be there on Tuesday (she was also less than apologetic for the fact that this was already promised and they would not be able to live up to this promise). This is more than inconvenient as I had already taken a day off on Friday only to be disappointed. Also I was extremely disappointed to be told that service would happen within 24 hours...which again did not.

I called again yesterday (and again, not a very friendly representative) and the service call was confirmed for that evening between 5 PM and 8 PM. And to my surprise, they did come at approximately 7 PM. Upon arrival, he indicated that it is a Front Loading Washing Machine and would need a 2nd person to assist as he couldn't do it on his own!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Is there any particular reason that the CSR would not have thought of that when booking the service, considering they had the model number and serial number and knew exactly what model it was?! So it was again, a complete waste of my time! It has now been scheduled again for this weekend! The representative today apologized, although at no point has anybody made an attempt to compensate and/or sincerely understand the annoyance and impact this has had! Regardless of whether the washing machine is now repaired on Saturday, the whole experience has been annoying, inconvenient and frustrating. For a Company who says their Values include "Focusing on the Customer" I have to tell you that this experience does not demonstrate that the Company and Employees live by the Values.

I have told my co-workers, friends and family and I am strongly encouraging all to NEVER purchase anything from Sears again. I am looking for a Coffee Maker and I will go anywhere but Sears!!

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #209918

How many chances do you people at Sears,Kmart and A+E Factory service need to get it right, you have had years. Wont dont you all shut your doors and save future victims abuse at your hands.

#209883

Dear MsCommunication,

My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I came across your post here and I wanted to reach out to you and offer some help. I'm so sorry to hear your new washer is already failing and causing some trouble. Being without a functioning washer, although basic, is extremely difficult and frustrating I know. The trouble you then encountered with your appointment only added to the mess I'm sure. Sears has always stood for outstanding customer service and quality. I know we have deeply disappointed you. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (MsCommunication) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.