With Company response

My Craftsman gas blower stopped working after 5 months of home use. Craftsman did not stand behind their warranty and informed me I would have to pay $139 for the repair of the engine.

A new blower costs $140. After further research, I see where engine failure is a common problem and appears to be a manufacture defect. I was told the issue was due to improper gas to oil mixing. I am 100% confident I mixed the fuel properly, as I have done this for the last 12 years with my previous gas blower.

I worked my way up the chain with Craftsman and eventually contacted the CEO (Ed Lampert). I was informed by Mr. Lamperts office that he does not speak or respond to consumers. Until this month, I was a 31 year loyal fan of Craftsman.

Starting today, will never purchase another Craftsman product ever again, as their quality and warranty has declined and there are much better brands to choose from. I recommend you not purchase any Craftsman products.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are truly sorry for all the trouble you have encountered with your Craftsman gas blower. We understand how discouraging this failure has to be for you, and we’d like the opportunity to see what options we have to help make this right by you. Please send the following information – contact #, s the screen name that I have assigned you (Anonymous426107), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Dallas, Georgia, United States #675071

I had the same problem with a craftsman gas blower backpack style 4 cycle. It worked great for 6 times and then quit working correctly.

So I carried it back to the Sears store and wanted to get it replaced and was told that it would not be replaced but sent off for repair and I would be charged at least 45.00 possibly more this was a 250.00 plus blower that was a present from my wife and Sears has ruined this whole thing. I started with the store customer service and then the mgt and Sears customer service to no avail.

So I am going to go to Home Depot and buy me a good blower, at least if it breaks Home Depot has good customer service. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS.

SearsCares
to easy in hiram #678628
Sears Response

Dear Easy in hiram,

We aim to provide the very best in customer service and products to all our members, but from your post it is clear that we still have some work to do. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to apologize for the failure of your gas blower, and for the less than stellar customer service that has been provided to you as you search for help. We would like the chance to look into the concerns you have expressed, and see how we can help correct this situation. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Easy in hiram), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #674498

Oddly enough, I am still using a Craftsman 2 cycle blower I bought some 20 years ago. It is a Craftsman brand name, but like all their stuff, it is made by someone else.

I forget the manufacturer, but in your case, I can see why you are upset with Sears. Their customer service is surely lacking and you--and others--would do well to avoid shopping at Sears, given their attitude.

I stopped shopping at Sears many years ago, even tho I grew up going with my father to Sears all the time. The Sears, Roebuck we grew up with is now a part of KMart and is not a place to trust for much of anything anymore.

The same thing happened to me with my Craftsman gas blower. I purchase a Stihl gas blower and it is much better than any Craftsman product I have ever used!