With Company response Not resolved

I was going to buy a Craftsman lawnmower from Sears with mulch kit and 3 yr warranty. I was almost ready to check out when the salesman indicated it was out of stock. He said that Sears doesn't allow backorders! He said he checked everywhere and nobody has it. I also tried to place the order online...they show the merchandise until you want to add it to the cart. Then they give you the bad news - "out of stock"

Further, what's really pathetic about their website user experience, customer experience at the store and customer satisfaction is that they really don't care about their customers! They don't make ANY electronic copy of the backorder record! They have no idea how many are backordered so they can plan to order/build a new shipment. ZERO communication about the status. Simply "out of stock" with no additional information. BUT, they continue to advertise it in their weekly ads and on their website. Is't this FALSE ADVERtISEMENT? (advertising a product that they don't have in stock and apparently don't have any plans to stock or fullfill a potential order???)

So, Sears draws you in with a deal but "mysteriously" the item is out of stock. Since their policy is not to backorder, you're forced to either buy something you don't want or simply go somewhere else. I will most likely start shopping for a lawn tractor at either Home Depot or Lowes - NO MORE SEARS FOR ME!

Comments

We almost bought a Craftsman lawnmower from Sears but went to Lowe's instead. Thank goodness.

We are going through the same *** with a fridge and stove we purchased on 5/31/2011. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but the rude rep who called on Sun/5/12/2011 said it was OUT OF STOCK at the manufacturer. WHY didn't they tell me this when I bought it???

WHY does it take TWO WEEKS to deliver appliances that people need to use NOW?

The *** I spoke to on the phone was so rude to me that I am cancelling my entire order. She needs to be fired. Sears needs to be fired for their abysmal customer service.

I'm GLAD the internet exists to be able to spread the news so others don't have to suffer like we have.

Lowes, here I come for my appliaces. Sears can pound dirt.

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Caroline_rn,

I apologize that this item was out of stock and we do appreciate the fact that you chose to buy your lawnmower at Sears. We want to keep you as a valued Sears customer and we have options that I hope will satisfy your needs. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Caroline_rn) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.