With Company response

Bought Craftsman power washer 3 years ago and used it for washing my cars,trucks & siding.Changed oil this year and washed

my car.

Took it to my parents house next door to wash siding on their home. I turned on the water and when I started it, it ran about 5 seconds and it quit. When I tried to pulled the rope it would not move. I pulled the trigger on the wand again and no water was going through as it was before.

So i took the wand hose off the machine and still had no water flowing. I turned off the water. I thought the engine had froze up. I pulled it back to my house.

I looked in the manual but did not see anything like it in the troubleshooting. I went back out to look at it. I pulled the rope and it was easy and it fired up. I hooked up hoses again turned on the water and it ran for about 5 seconds and quit again.

I could not pull the start rope like before. So I unhooked both hoses. I slowly pulled on the rope and it got easier and easier and then started right up & ran. I called sears and took it to them.

They said it was $45 for them to send it to the repair shop and that money would be put toward the repair.

The repair shop called 2 days later and said that the pump was not relieving the pressure to the hose. That's why the engine would not run. They said the pump would have to be replaced. The repairs would be $275.

I told them new I only paid $279. They said the best they could do was $20 + my $45. Still over $200. I told them no.

The lady from the repair shop said that when I went to buy a new power washer look for a different brand because craftsman was built cheap and would not last. She said too much plastic in the important parts. This unit looks brand new and has led a sheltered life.

Doesn't have 50 hours on it.If the people who repair Craftsman equipment recommend another brand I guess my Sears card can go away.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for taking time to post here about your Craftsman Power Washer repair needs, what you have detailed clearly shows you are disappointed. Sears has many years of providing high quality products and superior member services. It appears in this case we have let you down. My name is Brian, I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team and after reading your post I would like to offer our assistance. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (anonymous455405), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the confusion and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.