With Company response

So we ordered a washer & dryer from Sears. Needed to convert the dryer to LP gas.

Ordered the kit too. Went and picked them up. Hubby got washer hooked up. Found out they sent the wrong conversion kit.

Sears ordered the correct one. This time we got the right part with wrong instructions. Set up an appointment with a local repairman recommended by Sears. He would not even attempt to take the dryer apart.

He use to work for Whirlpool so knew about these things. Called Sears to have them do it. After geting the runaround a few more times I said enough is enough!!! Maybe I expect too much but we had the dryer for 3 weeks and still unable to use it!

We paid over two thousand dollars for the set! Called Sears and told them to come pick them up! They did. We went to another local dealer and picked out a new set (not Sears!) and had them delivered and installed the very next day.

So am I surprised Sears is having problems?

Uh, NO! I will NEVER waste my time again buying from Sears!!!!!

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Mar 16, 2012.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We are truly sorry for all the frustrations surrounding the conversion of your dryer. After reading the ordeal you have been through it is very understandable why you would be discouraged. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and look further into what has happened. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number your dryer was purchased under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “ Anonymous / 305241 “ you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.