2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

To Whom It May Concern:

On July 6, 2016, my husband and I came to your Livonia store located on 7 mile to purchase a mattress. My mother informed us that weekend that they were on sale and we were in need of a new one. We purchased a King Beautyrest Platinum edition mattress and two box springs. The delivery was scheduled for July 16, 2016. Jerry was our sales associate that day.

On July 12, 2016 we came to the store and spoke with Jerry again. I informed him that I know longer needed the box springs and wanted to return them. He attempted to return them; however was unable to do so stating there was no return barcode. He then called the store manager, Rich Cunningham and informed him of what we wanted to do. Mr. Cunningham advised that we would have to return the whole order which would delay our delivery and to just refuse the box springs when they came for delivery.

On July 16, 2016 the delivery truck showed up we informed them we are refusing the box springs and only wanted the mattress. We took delivery of the mattress and waited for our bank account to be credited. On July 21, 2016 I contacted the 800 number on the paperwork given to me with my receipt stapled to it regarding my refund of $340.00 plus tax for the refusal of the box springs. The customer service lady informed me it could take up to 10 days and to give it till July 29, 2016. If it is not received by then she advised me to contact the warehouse and provided the contact information.

On July 28, 2016 I contacted the warehouse and was informed that the money had been credited to the store of original purchase and I need to contact them. I contacted the store and asked for Mr. Cunningham. I was told by Lori the Assistant Manager that he had gone home for the day and would not return until Monday. She then attempted to help me. From the time she answered the phone she had an attitude in her voice as if I was bothering her. I proceeded to tell her the story and expressed my irritation and the lack of customer service I was receiving from her store and she stated it’s a warehouse issue. I then stated to her I called them and they advised me to contact the store of original purchase. She took my information and stated she would go to the mattress department and call me back.

About an hour later she called me and stated that she contacted the warehouse and spoke to Max and an escalation ticket regarding my refund had been submitted and I should hear from him within 48 hours. I once again expressed my irritation that I as the customer had to contact Sears for my refund. She stated again it’s the warehouses fault not Sears. I stated to her that Sears is who we purchased the mattress from and Sears is who has contracted out the delivery service and warehouse to complete the sale so how it is not a Sears issue? She then stated. “I have done all the work for you” there isn’t reason to be upset. I then stated you should have done the work. You are an employee of Sears and I am the customer. I shouldn’t have even had to call and “find” my refund. This is the worst customer service I have received in years.

For Lori to be an Assistant Manager I am appalled at the individuals you have chosen to hire. Not once did she apologize for my inconvenience or their mistake. Not once did she show any empathy to the situation at hand. She was rude and very disingenuous. The warehouse employee I spoke to also acted as if I was bothering him. To say the least I am disappointed and will take my money elsewhere. I will also be sure to share my experience and disgust regarding Sears with family and friends.

It is now August 5, 2016; 3 weeks after the delivery of my mattress and the decline of the mattress boxsprings and my money has still not been refunded to me. The warehouse blames the store and stated they have my refund. I spoke with Reese a manager at the delivery center and they stated the store has been issued the money. She calls the store and speaks with Terrence and is told she will contact me with an update. No one is taking responsibility for this and they continue to give me the run around. I have never been treated so rudely at a merchant in my life. Something so easy is not getting accomplished and they continue to act as if I am bothering them.

Mrs. Werts

Review about: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: no refund.

Comments