I purchase a samsung door in door refrigerator in January 2016 and the it went bad in early 2018. I contacted sears several times to get someone to come, once the repair man came he stated that the compressor is done and needs to be replace.

After waiting for a call back for sears over a week, I called them to find out when the next repair person will arrive and to find out why they didn't call me to set up the next appointment. However they stated they tried to reach me several times to tell me that they will have to replace it. The only thing I will have to give them is the sales receipt from 2016. I told them that I could not put my hands on it at this time.

They told me to contact the store where i purchased it, and I did they then told me to contact sears customer service where they keep the records because the store only keep a record for 1yr. I did as i was directed and was told they will send me a copy of the receipt in 24 hrs. I waited and then called after I did not see the copy. I called back to find out if there was a problem on why they didn't send the copy.

I was told that they could not send it because need a copy of the card i made the purchase on and they said the only purchase they see under my names was in 2014 for the same refrigerator I bought in 2016 and that they don't have a copy of the model number or the receipt number of my purchase. Although they could see I had a one year warranty but there is nothing to connect my purchase. They don't want to replace my refrigerator.

Now I have continue to fight because they stated that if a compressor or any major part breaks it is cover upto 5 to 10 years no matter what or where i bought it from. I will not give up until this is result I wll

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: It is a living nightmare.

I didn't like: Dishonesty.

Comments

Here is a list of local management to contact, Tom 716-570-1391, Mike 518-331-2341, Lisa 585-455-1711, Darlyene 585-424-0912, Mark 716-536-0159, Bob 716-866-8105, Barb 585-274-9904. If they can’t help you I would recommend calling the bbb and your local news media to do a story on sears. Frank, Rochester NY