Smithville, Missouri

Purchased an extended warranty for our washing machine. Needless to say it broke down and required repair. The repair tech came out in a week's time and said he thought it was the bottom control board and needed to order the part. He "hoped" that would take care of it. The part was ordered to the tune of $475, but the extended warranty covered the part and service. Tech rescheduled to come out and put the part on one week later.

The part arrived, the day for the service arrived and we were given a window of 1pm to 5 pm. At 6pm we called customer service and they said he was on his way and would be there in 30 minutes. 6:30, no tech. 7:00 no tech. 8:00, received a call from the tech saying he was just leaving his last job and was too tired to come out and fix ours. There was nothing he could do and rescheduled for another week out. He told us to call the company and see if they couldn't reschedule it earlier as he had no control over scheduling (funny he was able to schedule the next appointment without a problem and even let me pick the time.

We called customer service about rescheduling earlier. We had been without a washer for going on 3 weeks now. They said there was nothing they could do and that it wouldn't be fair to make someone else wait because we wanted an earlier appointment. We tried to explain that we already had an appointment that was canceled and felt it unfair to put others ahead of us at this point. The service rep simply stated "there is nothing I can do, you are just stuck with what you have."

We asked to speak to a manager and the response came back, "It won't do you any good. They are going to say the same thing." When we insisted, the response was, I can't connect you to a manager. I will email them and they will get back to you. 2 weeks later, no contact from customer service, managers, sears. They managed to put us off and not contact us at all.

The next service call appointment came, Sears did not call to confirm the day or time. We called again the day before the appointment and they said he would be there between 1 and 5 in the afternoon. We repeated the issue we had last time with the tech being too tired and not showing up. The response was, "I'm sorry that happened to you. It shouldn't happen again, but they had no control over that.

To me, the tech being too tired is a scheduling problem with management, customer service being non responsive, unhelpful, and verbally uncaring, is just sad and bad business, but managers no returning calls or accepting calls us just plain unacceptable.

No more service agreements through Sears will be bought as I will not buy appliances through them anymore. Had they just shown a little compassion and caring, returned a simple phone call, this would have been a totally different outcome for us.

tkelly wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Sears to "just respond to your phone calls".

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service and repair service dependability. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears and sears repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

SearsCares

Hello there!

We want you to know we care and value each and everyone one of our members. We are truly disheartened to see your experience with us was not met with top quality customer service.

We are available to assist our members 7 days a week on any of our social channels. We encourage you to reach out to us with any concerns/questions at any time!

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have! Thank you, SearsCares

tkelly
to SearsCares Smithville, Missouri, United States #935400

Its a shame I have to get a Facebook account or Twitter account just to speak to a manger. Returning phone calls would be much better, especially after having been told they would.

Your pat answer of "sorry, try reaching us here", doesn't change a thing. With all the complaints I am seeing on various websites, I would think you would try to fix the problem of non responsive managers and uncaring service representatives.

Apparently, Sears has considered an " I'm sorry" as a fix.

That's just sad.