With Company response

After a major appliance purchase (last night), I needed information for a product recycle rebate. Over a period of one hour and four disconnections after explaining my issue each time, I finally was able to solve my problem.

While I am most happy with the sales rep, and have been a happy Sears customer in the past, the telephone circus I had to wade through was gravely unprofessional. With one exception, the reps I had spoken with were robotic, uncaring and wholly unable to care for my problem. Worst however, was the extremely long delays leading to the inevitable disconnection.

I have been a customer for over 40 years, but I am finished with them. Many things are forgivable, but when customer service fails, the whole purpose of buying from a brick and mortar store is compromised. I'll be looking for the best deals online hereafter.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #748256

I tend to agree with you. They even skirt the boundaries of the law from what I have seen and what has been done to us as well. It is way beyond discussion at this point and it is time to find another place that will honor their product and their customer.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to apologize for the less than stellar customer service you received while reaching out for assistance with your rebate. We would like the chance to discuss this matter in more detail with you, and ensure that your concerns are addressed properly. Please send the following information – contact #, s the screen name that I have assigned you (Anonymous426436 ), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

After this current ordeal that I have had with my refrigerator & Sears customer service, I will never ever ever return to sears or buy any Sears brand and will constantly encourage others away from them too. There are many other brands and companies out there that provide better products and actually back their service. Sears call centers are absolutely horrible and are a perfect example of a failed system.