2.0

My wife and I bought a 46 inch Samsung TV from Sears two and a half years ago...on Aug. 27 I got home from work to have my wife tell me there had been a loud pop, then no picture. We had the extended warranty; I called customer service and described, the problem, along with the fact that the on light flashed three times when I tried to power up the TV, which is a diagnostic tool to help indicate the problem; the CSR couldn't find what that meant (although I did a few minutes later after a quick internet search), but said a tech would be coming...on Sept. 11, more than two weeks later.

That led me to sending emails to Sears, and I got a call from their Blue Ribbon team a couple days later....they offered us the option of leasing a TV until ours was fixed; I wasn't going to pay out of pocket then wait for a reimbursement, nor was I going to lug 46 inch TVs back and forth; they also offered us an $85 reimbursement toward the purchase of a tv, and, with no other set in the house, we bought a much smaller tv to hold us over until repairs were done.

We also were told that they would get a tech to our house earlier if possible....and lo and behold, he was at our house on Sept. 4. He pushed the power button, took the back off the TV...and five minutes later, he told me that the problem was the one I had found online. He added, however, that he had no replacement parts because of the age of the TV - again, two and a half years - and would have to order them and come back...on Sept. 18. So it's going to be three weeks before a repair is even attempted, and who knows if it will be fixed them.

I contacted the Blue Ribbon team again after this fiasco. Not surprisingly, I haven't heard anything back. And I doubt I do.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments