I would like to share a story about attempting to purchase a mattress at Sears. I grew up with Sears and have always trusted the brand, having previously purchased a refrigerator and a washer/dryer set from Sears.

After this experience I am not so sure I can still trust this company. I visited the Sears store in Santa Rosa, CA on Sep 12th looking for a new mattress. I found one that my wife and I liked and proceeded with the purchase. It was an expensive high end mattress. Prior to leaving the store I arranged for delivery on Sep 21st.

On Sep 18th I received an email from Sears telling me that the mattress would be delivered in 3 days. On the evening of Sep 20th I received a call from Sears telling me that the mattress would be delivered the next day between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.

No delivery occurred on the 21st. At about 8:00 p.m. on the 21st I called Sears delivery team. They advised me that the delivery had been rescheduled earlier that day and the mattress would now be delivered on the 27th. At no point did I receive any proactive contact from Sears advising me that the delivery had been rescheduled. It was not until I phoned Sears to ask about the missing delivery that I learned that Sears had rescheduled the delivery.

It is now the evening of the 27th. I received an email on the 24th advising me that I would be receiving my delivery in 3 days. Last night I received a phone call advising me that the delivery would occur today between 4:15 p.m. And 6:15 p.m. At about 6:45 this evening when nothing had been delivered I called Sears again. I spoke with someone who advised me that the mattress was scheduled for delivery this evening. I checked the order status online and it listed a delivery time of 10:30 this evening. As I checked back online intermittently, the delivery time kept getting later until it stabilized at 11:00 p.m.

I checked online again at about 10:10 p.m. and noted that order status was now marked as delivered. NOTHING HAS BEEN DELIVERED. I have been patiently waiting for delivery of this mattress and Sears has not delivered it nor have they contacted me in regard to this item.

I tried contacting the Sears delivery 877 number and received a recording that the office was closed due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. I tried reaching Sears through the web site click to call functionality and received the same message. I finally contacted someone in support at Sears via their online chat function and they were unable to assist me as they only provide support for online purchases. They were able to confirm that the system shows that the mattress had not been delivered.

I will be going to the Sears store where I attempted to purchase the mattress tomorrow. In all likelihood I will be cancelling the sale. I have to say that the sales staff in the store were professional and courteous as were the support people I have dealt with.

It appears that Sears is incapable of living up to their end of the bargain by twice failing to fulfill their deliver commitment. I am becoming quite disenchanted with Sears subsequent to this experience.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of sears delivery service. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears delivery service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments