Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Jul 15, 2013

First, the date of purchase was wrong on my original post.I actually paid for the mattress on July 6.

And the saga went on. After posting this, I continued to call the Sears Delivery line (hours...hung up on, etc.) until they finally called and insisted that I be home by 4 pm to take delivery. This meant taking time off of work, but I agreed. They were very insistent that they would only send the truck out if I was home at 4.

I was home at 4...they didn't show up until 4:40. I was pretty ragey at that point. I took delivery and requested that the delivery fee that I paid for a Saturday delivery be refunded. They refused.

I called several different department and NO ONE could help. They kept pushing the responsibility off onto other departments and then disconnecting me upon transfer. I got so angry that I drove to the Sears (45 minutes away) where I purchased the mattress. Upon arrival, I demanded to speak with a manager and was kind of obnoxious while waiting.

TO THEIR CREDIT: When I did finally speak with the manager, he was great to deal with. He was understanding and we were able to come to a mutually agreeable arrangement regarding the refund of the delivery fee and compensation for my time and irritation. Due to his cool-headed and very reasonable response, I'm giving Sears a pass on this one.

Never underestimate what can be accomplished by meeting with a manager face-to-face.I won't waste my time on the phone in the future.

Original review posted by user Jul 15, 2013

I purchased a king size mattress and box spring from Sears in the Montgomeryville Mall on 7/13/2013 and scheduled delivery at the time of purchase for Saturday, July 13th.We even paid the $10 delivery up-charge for the weekend delivery.

Sears called on Friday to advise me that their "mattress truck was in an accident"...probably not true, but I allowed them to re-schedule the delivery for BEFORE 8am on Monday morning (I didn't even ask them to refund my weekend delvery fee). Well, by 8:30 on Monday, the delivery creew had still not appeared. After being hung up on SEVERAL TIMES by the delivery line, I was finally advised that they were running late. I had to leave for work.

I've since called the delivery line at least 5 times. Every time I ask to speak to a supervisor, I'm put on hold for 15 minutes and then disconnected. Someone finally called me back and promised that they would re-schedule the delivery within two hours and it's been more than two hours without a peep. I've spent hours and hours on hold and been hung up on several times....this is the WORST customer service that I have EVER encountered.

Since I can't get through to anyone on the phone, I have no choice but to waste MORE of my time by going to the nearest brick and mortar store to try and have this resolved.I will never shop here again.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Kbaunach,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to apologize for the manner in which your mattress delivery was handled. While we are glad that your local store management team was able to assist in getting this situation corrected, we’d love the opportunity to look into the concerns that you have brought to our attention. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Kbaunach), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Dallas, Texas, United States #681150

I'd take the receipt back and get my money back. Take your business elsewhere. ,)