$3100 refrig/freezer just over 1 yr old failed to come back on for over 24 hours after a 30 second power outage. Repairman came out and reset computer by disconnecting power for over 15 minutes.

I called sears and they advised me to disconnect power for 30 seconds, when I told them the condenser didn't start they sent out a repairman.. I submitted a claim for just under $300 to sears. They've denied the claim as they don't cover power outages. Trying to have them understand that the problem was the computer, not the power outage.

After speaking with a supervisor who advised me that they did not replace any parts(just reset the computer), the refrigerator did not suffer a functional failure as they did not replace any parts. I could not get her to understand that the functional failure was the computer shutting down and not restarting. No luck.

I guess I should have insisted that they replace a $500 mother board. I can only guess what kind of service they'll be doing after they go out of business.

Reason of review: food coverage warranty due to food loss.

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Terrible warranty.

Comments