With Company response Not resolved

On October 30, 2013 I called the Sears store at the Chicago Ridge Mall & told the associate I would like to put a Kenmore refrigerator on layaway. The associate lied & said they don't do layaway at the store, the only way was to go online to sears.com. I later was told by a different associate that layaway has been available in the store for years. This is where my nightmare began.

The customer service at sears.com is below average, *** poor, basically non existent. Customers with layaway orders are treated as second class citizens & are not of any particular importance. Every time I called for assistance it took between 30 & 45 minutes for the customer service rep to "find the order".

Beware of the classic blow off line they all used, for you to "call the store". Every rep I dealt with, including the on line rep, used this line. The store cannot access your account or help you in any way. All they do is refer you back to sears.com. This ends the call for the sears.com reps & they don't have to do anything. The sears.com reps don't take payments over the phone for layaway orders & claim they are not able to get any information about your order. Customer service is basically non existent for layaway orders.

I made the last on line payment early so I could get the delivery on the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday 11/27/13, the only day I could get off work to accept the delivery. Something went wrong when I made that payment, & I wasn't able to set up delivery or tell if my payment went through. I later received an email from the delivery department stating the fridge would be delivered on the day I requested, but I had to confirm that because every rep I dealt with was highly unprofessional, didn't offer any assistance & I was concerned they were going to screw this up too.

I called customer service again on to confirm payment was received so things would go as planned for that day. It took the rep 40 minutes to "find the order, then she told me because it was a layaway order she could not help me & told me to "call the store" to get rid of the call, knowing the store would not be able to help me. The classic response from the customer service dept. I couldn't get any assistance from her, so I called back, got a different rep & explained the situation. It was very simple. I needed to make sure the last payment was received so all would go as planned for the delivery date. I also requested she confirm the delivery date. After waiting 45 minutes for her to "find the order," her response was "they will call you the night before". I asked repeatedly what day would they call & did she see a delivery date in the system. She repeated, "they will call you the night before." I explained I needed to know WHEN, WHAT DAY? "They will call you the night before." I told her response was unacceptable & to stop it. I was so frustrated & angry & I was trying not to yell at her, but this was RIDUCULOUS!! It was maddening & unacceptable behavior from a rep who is supposed to be professional. Again, she replied, "they will call you the night before." This rep needs to have her employment terminated for stupidity. She has no business being on the phone. I do not deserve to be treated with such abuse from an incompetent rep who doesn't know her job & is just plain ***. I was so angry & frustrated with her, it was completely inappropriate for her to repeat this statement like a trained parrot & do nothing to resolve my issue. I ended the call in complete frustration, my issues unresolved.

The delivery day comes & they don't show up. I was on the phone from 7:00am until 9am trying to straighten this out. The rep lied to me & said "they are on their way." I didn't believe him. Finally he transferred to me to another department, & the rep there explained my last payment didn't go through due to a "web error," & the fridge would not be delivered. I would have to make the last payment again & set up a new delivery date.

I took a day off of work for nothing, waited for a delivery that never arrived & I was exasperated from the reps, who are basically useless. They are lazy, incompetent, not properly trained & have no interest in assisting the customer. The rep who repeatedly said "they will call you the night before," is just plain *** & incompetent. They also have these long rambling sentences where they apologize that they can't help you. Sears has put me through a nightmare. I've spent hundreds of dollars on a fridge & I've been treated in the worst way possible.

For the past several days I have been getting automated phone calls from sears.com starting at 2am! Yes, the calls start at 2am! They continue throughout the day. I've had to turn my phone off because of the calls. Some go to voice mail & a recording says "sears protection plan." I am being harassed & if they don't stop immediately I am going to file a police report for harassment. I'm also going to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office.

I'm giving this a 1 because it is the lowest rating available. They deserve a negative number, like -10. This has been a horrible experience. My advice to anyone thinking of putting anything on layaway at sears.com is don't do it. It's not worth the aggravation & abuse you will go through.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765578

Sounds as if the woman you spoke to is getting "even" with you for some twisted reason.

Sears is not the Sears we all knew and loved as kids.You can always call Citibank and file a grievance with them if you used the Sears card.

In the end the only way you will get results is to call a lawyer, I,guess.

I do understand your frustration as we had a similar encounter with them as well.When sears closes we will all be better off.

ravenhair
Bridgeview, Illinois, United States #751677

MORE FRUSTRATION FROM SEARS: UPDATE FROM RAVENHAIR

Today I tried to contact the store at Chicago Ridge Mall so I could speak to the manager about this matter & get it resolved. I had to call 7 times, because the calls to the store are rerouted to the National Call Center. I called 6 times & was disconnected every time I asked to be connected to the store. That's ridiculous, & the fault for that is with the call reps who are so incompetent they can't even transfer a call. Most of them asked me why I needed a person at the store. I told the story, got disconnected when they transferred the call, called back, told the story, got disconnected, etc. This happened 6 times. Each time I explained that this is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th time I've called. They didn't give a ***. They were snotty, rude & didn't understand why I was so frustrated. They all claimed they didn't have the number where I could call directly & reach a person in the store. I repeatedly asked for the extension & they all lied & said they didn't have it. That was a lie!

The 7th time I called, completely exasperated, & the call center rep gave me the direct extension for the manager. I also asked her to call the store while I was on hold, as I was afraid the call would be rerouted back to the call center again if he was busy & didn't pick up the phone. Funny how they DID have the number, because she gave me the direct extension! She connected me, directly to the manager, right away. This ordeal took 30 minutes because I called 6 times previously. I was afraid I was going to get in trouble at work because it took over 30 minutes to get the manager I desperately needed to speak to. The call center reps are rude, refuse or are unable to do basic simple tasks, like connect me to the store or give the extension of the department so I can speak to a person there.

Now I understand why Sears is going out of business.

SearsCares
Sears Response

ravenhair,

We’re sorry our customer service did not meet expectations with regards to your refrigerator purchase. My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. We would like the opportunity to have a case manager contact you directly to discuss this experience and assist in addressing any other concerns you may have. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information to smadvisor@searshc.com – contact number and phone number used at time of purchase. Also please provide this screen name (ravenhair) for reference to this issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

David W.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

ravenhair
to Sears Response Bridgeview, Illinois, United States #749944

David,

Thank you for responding to my post. I didn't expect it & I greatly appreciate you reaching out to help me. I hope we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. I sent you an email with my contact information.

Ravenhair

to ravenhair Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #765580

You are going to find more frustration with this "Sears supposedly Cares" team.

They offer gift cards of low value to,shut you up. I would go ahead and call the attorney general and anyone else that can cause trouble in their lives.

Citibank might also be able to help. Good luck