1.6
Layout of Store

I purchased a higher-end top loading high efficiency washer on November 9th. After telling me I could pick it up that weekend and only after I signed the papers it was oops, we don't have it, we'll have to ship it to you.

Promised a 45-day no questions asked return policy. Eight days later, I got the washer. ran a cleaning cycle through it and found it was so loud during the wash cycle it shook that part of the house. Then, I ran a load of clothes following every direction to the last detail.

Clothes came out mangled, permanently wrinkled and covered with white waxy residue, and still contained enough soap to break everyone's skin out when we wore them. My sons stinky t shirt was still slightly stinky. Called for pickup as I did not like it and they said that wasn't an option and it first had to have service, guy came out and said the control panel was faulty and that the washer did not wash or rinse correctly. he ordered the panel he said it needed and told me to call and set an appointment for the following Friday, which I did.

The guy never called or showed up. I called back again, rescheduled for the following Tuesday (now we're into January with no way to wash clothes) and that guy came out and said the washers are terrible, do not do a good job but ours was working as it was designed to do. Sears has told me before each of these visits that if the repairmen said the washer was faulty I would be able to send it back and exchange it for a more suitable machine. each time I get an argument once the repairman has left.

Now again tomorrow, on a Saturday I will be stuck at home waiting for a third repairman. Who knows what they'll say, everyone who comes or speaks to me on the phone has completely different information. Add this to the frustration of speaking to foreigners who don't speak adequate English (and have the nerve to be impatient with ME for not understanding them) and the whole experience is unbelievable. I don't know about anyone else but I personally do not choose to work with any American company who sends our jobs overseas, much less so greatly lacks Customer Service, so this will be the LAST time I EVER deal with SEARS.

And recommend that others do the same.

The Coeur d'Alene Silver Lake Mall store is the worst I've ever been in. I was the victim of deceptive selling practices, went in to try and resolve it and had a very rude female employee wave me away and walk away from me saying "oh well, good luck with that!" HOPEFULLY the store manager followed through and disciplined her for that little bit of rudeness but I sure don't expect much anymore.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. ahenninger58 stated that there is a room for improvement of foriegn customer service and foreign customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "all the above!!! horrible experience from date of purchase to present day" of kenmore top load washing machine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Sears needs to "simply allow me to select another product which works well. i even offered to pay a little more if needed to upgrade to a better machine" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kenmore top load washing machine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments