With Company response Not resolved

On or about August 12, 2012, I purchased a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher at the Sears Store in Concord Mall, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, along with a five year maintenance agreement and installation. On or about August 19, 2012, the dishwasher was delivered and installed. On March 11, 2013, the dishwasher stopped working. A technician came to my home on March 13 and advised that a new pump and motor were necessary. On March 22, 2012, the same technician returned to make the necessary repairs and refused to do so as he indicated that the Corian Countertop that the dishwasher was anchored into was cracked and was probably damaged at the time of the installation I thencontacted installation and made a complaint about the countertop. On March 28, an installation technician came and sealed the cracked Corian and mounted the dishwasher to the cabinet using the side mounts. An additional technician was also scheduled to come that same day to install the new motor and pump between the hours of Noon and 5:00 PM. At 4:45 PM Icontacted Sears at 1 800 4 My Home and was told that the repair technician was still on another job and would call shortly as the above job was next on the schedule. At 5:05 PM, Icontacted the above Sears number again and was told the same thing. At 6:00 PM, Icontacted the same Sears number again, was advised that the technician was not coming as he had called the undersigned at 4 30 PM and got no answer. This is untrue. No one called either the cell or the home phone as I had both on my person and with caller id, every call to and from both numbers is logged with the time , name and number of each and every caller. In any event, after spending over 90 minutes on the telephone and being transferred approximately 10 times, disconnected , put into the automated system, a representative advised that an appointment was scheduled for April 6 to install the parts. Finally a date of April 9 was agreed upon to repair the dishwasher. On this date a technician showed up and refused to complete the repair unless I signed a waiver. I explained to him that the corian had already been fixed and that the dishwasher had been unhooked by the installer who applied an a sealant to the Corian on March 28, 2013. He continued to refuse to complete the repair and departed the residence. Now I am currently scheduled for repair April 17, 2013.

This situation is unacceptable. As a long standing customer, since 1992, I find this treatment unfortunate and negligent. The dishwasher in question is seven months old and still under warranty. Due to faulty and improper installation, the dishwasher is not functioning. Sears should remedy this situation immediately. The lack of communication between departments and number of individuals that one has to interact with in an attempt to remedy this situation is shocking. It is obvious that Sears is only concerned about the almighty buck and NOT customer service.I am very dissapointed and will NOT spend my hard earned money there again. They used to have an impeccible reputation but have chosen to go the way of so may other companies. to wit: outsourcing, incompetent help, I do not think Sears will make it though this decade intact unless something drastically changes.. ie customer service

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

biqmaque, I'm sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve encountered with your washer. My name is Dianne D. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your dishwasher issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (biqmaque) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Dianne D.