I purchased a top-of-the-line Bosch dishwasher from Sears in May 2014. It wasn't everything I'd hoped for, and I stopped by the store once to discuss my concerns with the salesman, but he didn't give me a lot of reason to believe it was something that could be fixed, so I decided to just live with it. Then a couple of weeks ago it stopped working altogether, so I called service. (The machine is still completely covered under manufacturer's warranty.)

I had to wait a few days for the scheduled service call. Nothing was mentioned about a part being shipped, but the day before the scheduled appointment, I got an automated message. When I returned the call, the young lady asked if the part had arrived. No, I didn't know anything about a part. She stammered a bit, said she'd check her records, and then came back saying that no, it looked like there wasn't a part involved after all. I stayed home from work the next morning as scheduled to wait for the repairman. After a while I got a call asking if I had received a part. No, I wasn't expecting a part, nor had one arrived. Oh but yes, a part was being shipped to me. He checked his records. Oh wait a minute, it's not supposed to be delivered until this afternoon. You mean you had me stay home from work this morning for a service call that isn't going to happen because the part isn't scheduled to arrive until this afternoon? Yep, looks like that's the case.

So the service call is rescheduled for the next day. Unfortunately, my lost work hours and meetings can't be rescheduled. So the second day I come from work at noon to wait for the serviceman. More lost hours, more missed meetings. He arrives at 4:30. Laughs as soon as he arrives, because he sees the part on the counter. Turns out he has a truck full of parts that they shipped and he hasn't used. One three-second test tells him it's not the part that's the problem. For some reason he doesn't have diagnostic tools for this machine, so he has me go on line, look up the error code and print out the instructions for him. (That's weird; I thought he was the expert.) On further investigation though, he finds a large crack in the "tub", says it was likely damaged in shipping or installation, takes some pictures, and his superiors end up agreeing with him that it's not repairable, so I should get a new dishwasher under the warranty. Someone will call me in 3 business days to give me more information.

Friday a young lady calls, two days ahead of schedule. That's good. She tells me that I am scheduled to get my new dishwasher delivered and installed on Saturday, with the old one hauled away. That's very good. I happily cancel my Saturday plans to stay home and wait. The truck shows up, they bring the new dishwasher up to my unit, and start to leave. Wait, what about installation? What about hauling the old one away? Nope, we just deliver. We don't know anything about installation and haul away. If it was supposed to be installed, it would have been a different crew. Not us. No, we don't know who you should call. Sorry. Bye.

So I call various 800 numbers I find here and there, spend over an hour, talk to eight different people. No one knows. Someone else's fault. Someone neglected to check the right box for installation. Local contractor says it's not her problem. Someone may call you next Tuesday. Today I decided to register a complaint on Sears' Facebook page. Got a reply in a few minutes, sounded promising at first, but just more of the same runaround. No one knows. It's no one's fault. No one evidently has a record of any of my conversations. Someone from the contractor may call me tomorrow. Or not. Maybe I'll have to stay home two more days, because installation and haul away are two separate functions. Or maybe not. No one knows. Not their problem.

Is it any wonder this company is circling the drain???

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Product, Price.

I didn't like: Customer service, Delivery experience, Ignorant communication.

Comments

I had a similar problem with a dead Bosch dishwasher that I bought at Sears. After a year and a half, and countless service calls holding and being transferred repeatedly, I still have a dead dishwasher.

I will never buy anything from Sears again! I hope they go under.

SearsCares

Hello there!

We want you to know we care and value each and everyone one of our members. We are truly disheartened to see your experience with us was not met with top quality customer service.

We are available to assist our members 7 days a week on any of our social channels. We encourage you to reach out to us with any concerns/questions at any time!

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have! Thank you, SearsCares