I Purchased 4 Mens swim suits in February of 2020 for a vacation cruise which was later cancelled. Due to Covid19 Pandemic the Malls in NY closed and only reopened July 15th.

On July 22, I visited the the Sears at the Valley Stream NY Mall to exchange 3 New Swimsuits for a large size. The register girl and then another Sales person, who said she was the Dept Manager refused to acomadate my exchange on the basis that the exchange policy ended on July 21st. I explained to her that I was unaware of the exchange policy and was unable to get to the store due to work schedule. I explained to her my dilemma and as a courtesy to a good customer, if she could accommodate the exchange.

She adamantly refused and said "Read the notice on the register". I would like to add that I am a retired Sears Employee and was a technician and Technical manager at the College Point NY Service center with 27 years of service and that we always put customer first. This meant no difference to her..

I would like Sears to be the store it was and always put the customers request when not unreasonable and please allow the exchange. Patiently waiting for you answer, Anthony Ventura .

Preferred solution: Allow exchange.

Location: 1150 Green Acres Mall, South Valley Stream, NY 11581

Comments

Not the same company anymore.

Sears Reviews