With Company response Not resolved

My LG refridgerator stopped working on 7/26/13 I called Sears to have a repair tech come look at it under my Warranty. I couldn't have anyone come look at it until 7/31/13. This was the soonest they could schedule one. I had to stay home all day since they had to squeeze me in. The tech came out and deemed my two year old fridge unrepairable and proceeded to write all over it with black marker. The tech then explained I would get a call in 24-48 hours. Well that made it Friday 8/2/13 before I should have gotten a call and a week I was without a refridgerator.

I called the customer service number the tech gave me on Friday night and they told me it was in process and I would here back in 24-48 hours. I explained I had already waited the same amount of time and I have been without a fridge for a week. I went to the store and looked for a new fridge as directed. I was told I would only be given the amount I paid originally and would have to make up the difference.

I called back on Monday 8/6/13 was told it was still in process and I needed to wait for a call back. The person on the phone told me it wasn't that big a deal to be without a fridge for over a week. I hung up totally surprised. I then received a call on Tuesday 8/7/13 from the benefits department and she told me to get the model number of the replacement and callback and it would be taken care of.

I called back yet again and gave them the item number like I was told. I was then told as they were processing the replacement that it wasn't processed under the correct warranty. It was being done through the extended warranty when it should be the manufacturers. So this would give me the actual retail price replacement not my sale price that I paid. I must wait 24-48 hours for the new one to be processed.

I waited until 8/9/13 and called again I gave them the item number again and I was told I had to purchase my fridge at the outlet since that was where I originally purchased it. I was told the action plan was sent to the outlet and I just needed to pick out a fridge.

I went to the Sears outlet in Richmond again on Sunday 8/11/13 when the manager tried to pull up my credit it said I had a penny credit. So while in the Outlet I called customer service again. Mind you each of these calls take at least 1 - 2 hours. I even put the manager on the phone. She service person said I couldn't buy my fridge at the outlet I had to go to the store and get the item #. I gave them the item # again she then said she didn't have a credit amount yet so I would have to wait until I received an email then go to a real Sears store to process the replacement.

Monday 8/12/13 I received an email so I went to the Sears store at the mall. They called customer service since they couldn't see the credit and was told I couldn't process the replacement at the store I had to go to the outlet. So here it is Tuesday 8/13/13. I called customer service to let them know of the issue I had the night before. After an hour on the phone I was assured that I could get my issue resolved at the outlet since it couldn't be resolved through the store or through customer service. I asked if the store has the email with my credit amount. She said it would be there when I arrived. So here is another trip. Yes they have the email but there is a problem. The manager gave me a copy of the email/action plan it said my replacement was completed and closed. Mind you I still don't have a refridgerator.

While there I found a similar fridge to the one I had that was below the credit amount. Should be a no brainer. Well after being on the phone while at the outlet store they inform me I have to get my replacement from a real Sears store through customer service. Get an almost exact replacement fridge I would have to come up with $2,000 otherwise I have to downgrade to the size my credit would allow.

I said I found a fridge that was exactly like the one I had for LESS than the credit you are giving me. I was told no. So now they want to deliver a much smaller fridge than can accommodate my family. I asked to speak to a manager I was told she can fill out a complaint form against the last rep and she would be reprimanded. I said I'm not mad at the rep I'm mad at the situation in general. I paid all this money for the warranty in case this happens and I'm left unhappy and without a fridge for almost three weeks.

All I want is the same refridgerator that is standing in my kitchen unusable. I now have to take more time off from work to wait for the delivery of a fridge that I hate and won't work for my family.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Redmond, Washington, United States #699736
Sears Response

Dear Mykona, My name is Dianne and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. I can understand your frustration on this matter. I cannot imagine what is going on with the replacement of your refrigerator and we most definitely want to know more about it. This is totally unacceptable, and for that I want to apologize. Since apologies don’t resolve your problems, at your convenience, we like to speak to you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Mykona) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Dianne D.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Haymarket, Virginia, United States #699726

I too have had similar experiences! Sorr this is happening to so many people. Sears is a really bad company and it's warranties are useless!