Troutville, Virginia

Update by user May 09, 2015

After no success with Sears I went to the BBB and the Illinois State Attorney General.Sears response was that I had chosen a mattress from the Marketplace, not one sold by Sears.

I sent screen shots proving that not to be the case, but it didn't matter. Then they said that the mattress was manufactured by someone else. I responded - aren't they all? And they said, no.

It went round and round. So, I selected another mattress, one that had Sears in the name: Sears-O-Pedic Elite Air Mattress by Comfortaire. You guessed it, no you cannot order that either because it's not in our warehouse.

I am told by the salesmen on the floor that they are all made to order, it's not like everything they carry just sits in the warehouse.At this point I have no other options but a lawyer.

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2015

We purchased a top of the line mattress from Sears in January 2014.Within months it was sagging.

In August we submitted a warranty claim. It was approved - we could pick out what we wanted in exchange per their warranty and let them know. However when I submitted what I wanted they claimed that their registers will not let them place the order for me because it is not in their warehouse. This mattress is drop shipped from the manufacturer - seems pretty simple to me.

They claim there is NOTHING they can do to make this happen because of their registers. I have probably 40 emails with their executive office and warranty staff. I sent letters to their executive team, CIO, Legal counsel. No response.

I sent this detailed history to the BBB and the Attorney General in IL. Sears ignored their inquiries. I will now file a lawsuit. SO, please do yourself a huge favor and do not shop at Sears.

If you are shopping for a mattress also be aware that ALL polyfoam mattresses sag - it is the nature of the material. Buy latex instead. Also buy from a dealer who will sell you a latex mattress w/o fire retardants. They fail to tell you that your bed is soaked in chemicals that will hurt you and that it will sag - instead when you go back to complain they tell you sagging is normal.

The salesman showed me their instructions - tell the customer this is normal, try to get them to keep the mattress in their home.

What happened to Sears?No doubt they will be out of business soon - another reason to steer clear of them.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with warranty offer and stated that there is a room for improvement of poor customer service and poor product quality. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears claim and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2000. Sears needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments