Troutville,Virginia

Update by user May 09, 2015

After no success with Sears I went to the BBB and the Illinois State Attorney General. Sears response was that I had chosen a mattress from the Marketplace, not one sold by Sears.

I sent screen shots proving that not to be the case, but it didn't matter. Then they said that the mattress was manufactured by someone else. I responded - aren't they all? And they said, no.

It went round and round. So, I selected another mattress, one that had Sears in the name: Sears-O-Pedic Elite Air Mattress by Comfortaire. You guessed it, no you cannot order that either because it's not in our warehouse.

I am told by the salesmen on the floor that they are all made to order, it's not like everything they carry just sits in the warehouse. At this point I have no other options but a lawyer.

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2015

We purchased a top of the line mattress from Sears in January 2014. Within months it was sagging.

In August we submitted a warranty claim. It was approved - we could pick out what we wanted in exchange per their warranty and let them know. However when I submitted what I wanted they claimed that their registers will not let them place the order for me because it is not in their warehouse. This mattress is drop shipped from the manufacturer - seems pretty simple to me.

They claim there is NOTHING they can do to make this happen because of their registers. I have probably 40 emails with their executive office and warranty staff. I sent letters to their executive team, CIO, Legal counsel. No response.

I sent this detailed history to the BBB and the Attorney General in IL. Sears ignored their inquiries. I will now file a lawsuit. SO, please do yourself a huge favor and do not shop at Sears.

If you are shopping for a mattress also be aware that ALL polyfoam mattresses sag - it is the nature of the material. Buy latex instead. Also buy from a dealer who will sell you a latex mattress w/o fire retardants. They fail to tell you that your bed is soaked in chemicals that will hurt you and that it will sag - instead when you go back to complain they tell you sagging is normal.

The salesman showed me their instructions - tell the customer this is normal, try to get them to keep the mattress in their home.

What happened to Sears? No doubt they will be out of business soon - another reason to steer clear of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Claim.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Warranty offer.

I didn't like: Poor customer service, Poor product quality, Warranty service.

Comments