6645 Airport Hwy, Holland, OH 43528, USA
2.5

Worst customer service ever! Purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator two years ago. The compressor and condenser went bad, sending burnt oil through all the lines in the refrigerator. The unit will need to be completely flushed and there is no guarantee that they will be able to completely flush the lines of the oil which could cause additional problems down the road.

We are covered under warranty for parts, however, they are having to replace the entire guts of our refrigerator. Is not not more prudent to just replace the whole refrigerator at this point? A new refrigerator would cost almost as much as all the parts that are being replaced.

One would think so, and so I set about trying to contact Sears Customer Service. After five phone calls, it was apparent that there were no US based call centers left and there is no procedure to escalate customer complaints. The call centers are all scripted and overseas. In fact, I was told by Eric #011431 that the Sears Corporate HQ were now located in the Philippines.

So in summary, there products are complete JUNK, they do not stand behind their product and they do not have any meaningful customer service.

I have gone so far as to contact my local television station who will be doing a story on this. Can't wait. I would hate for some other poor, unsuspecting person to get suckered by this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kenmore Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Replace the refrigerator.

Sears Pros: Large capacity of the refrigerator.

Sears Cons: Very poor customer service, Lack of american call center.

Comments

Great that your local news will do a story. I’m a ex tech and have been warning consumers for over a year now to contact the news media it will get you fast results. Rochester ny

Should have purchased the service for 5 yrs it's all covered

@Anonymous

I shouldn't have to worry about a 3000 fridge completely failing in two years, but thank you for your loaded suggestion. I have a suggestion for you...

Next time don't hide behind anonymous. My guess is you are posting from the Philippines