Verified Reviewer

1.6

Bought refrigerator a year ago. It broke while under warrantee and serviceman forewarned that extended warrantee was advised that they frequently break and parts are expensive.

Given company is going out of business it didnt make sense to contract for future service.

Refrigerator broke again and I ordered part to fix myself. It was expected to take 3 weeks to ship but two days after shipping date I was notified that order was cancelled /backordered.

After 2 more weeks and told delivery shipped - it was again cancelled/backordered.

Tried to buy part from appliance repair and they discouraged as SEARS was so unreliable that he didnt want to take money as he didnt expect them ever to send part,

So if appliance is junk, company clearly wants to go out of business and you cannot get parts for the substandard appliance - I will urge everyone I know to stay away from this once proud company (where I once worked). Very sad indeed.

User's recommendation: Avoid purchase at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Pros: No longer a viable enterprise.

Sears Cons: Unable to buy parts for an inadequate product.

Location: 283 Platinum Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10314