BE CAUTIOUS WHEN PURCHASING A MAINTENANCE CONTRACT, SEARS DOES NOT STAND BEHIND IT

Sears Maintenance Contract is a big joke. I have had a contract on my appliances for 45 plus years.

In the past when parts were no longer available they would issue credit for another one. I have been going around in circles with them regarding my Amana Refrigerator Freezer which has been under contract since 12/01/1990. When I originally called for service they had already stated that parts would probably not be available as what they could tell but still needed a service tech to come out and verify. Several weeks later the tech came out come A & E and verified yes there were no longer parts available.

In the process of getting an authorization number from Sears they have denied my claim twice. As I stated in the past when parts were no longer available they would issue credit towards another. With the many calls I have made no one can tell me why it has been denied to keep calling back and going nowhere.

It is amazing though on how they can take your money each year for their contracts. I can see why Sears is going under and there is no one to blame but themselves for the customer service they don’t provide.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Runaround going nowhere.

Comments