I was happy to receive a birthday gift card in the mail and placed an order on 8/8/15. I called the Sears number for my local store to ask about a specific coffee pot and make sure it was in stock. I ended up speaking with someone nationally and was told the local store was unable to answer the phone.

I was told the coffee pot was in stock. I actually called before I ordered it to make sure of this! The salesperson assured me several times it was in stock so I ordered it. Time spent on phone: 10 minutes

One hour later: Then I am told it is out of stock? Within one hour of ordering it I was told in an email it was not in stock and I would be refunded. I called the Sears number and was told the cards would be refunded in 3-5 days at most and should have a full refund by 8/12 at the very latest.

I asked that the item be sent to me from one of the other stores in New Hamsphire; I was told I cannot do that either.

So now I have no coffee pot and no money on my gift card?

Why was my gift card and credit card charged if there was no order placed to begin with? Time spent on phone: 15-20 minutes.

I see that today (8/11/15) my credit card was refunded for the balance of $14.99. I assumed my gift card was refunded as well. I called and checked with two Sears staff about this. I was on the phone another 20 minutes. I was then told that my gift card would NOT be refunded for the $25 and I would receive a new gift card by 8/21/15.

WHAT? I had never been told this before either. I am now suspecting SEARS never will actually refund my gift card.

This is absolutely the most terrible customer service I have ever received. I was looking forward to a new coffee pot for my birthday since mine just broke. Now, I have an empty gift card and no item. I now have to go buy one at a different store with cash and hope I get my money back.

There is no reason SEARS cannot email me a $25 gift card or credit me my old card.

I am very unhappy about this. Not only am I unhappy but my mother in law, who sent me the gift card, is very upset as well.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. MIKE2015_347 stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of coffee pot and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Sears needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned coffee pot in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Sears finally determined my gift card was lost in the mail after 25 days so they mailed me a new card. I received it on 9/10/15. Took about 31 days for them to refund me for their error.