A Sears Sales Rep. came out to my house for a free estimate on an AC Installation. He quoted how they sub-contract out the work, but everyone is heavily screened. Sounded good to me, like I could trust them. I've used Sears before and they have done a Great job in the past. Until the day came when my AC was installed...

Sears came out in April and istalled the AC. They ended up not having a part, so they finished what they could and said they would come back. As they were packing up to go my Heater turned on and Black Smoke was coming out of the vents. Along with the Black Smoke was a horrible burning smell. The guy said it was normal because of all the work they had just done and so they left.

As days went on everytime my Heater came on the smoke and burning smell came into the house. We had to open windows to let the smoke out. We called Sears on a Saturday and they had No Emergency Service. We were on the phone for at least 2 hours being transferred and transferred again.

We ended up calling a small Heating/AC business and they had a guy come out on a Saturday to see what it was. It ended up being the silicone they used was a low temperature silicone and not a high temperature silicone..windows and doors silicone :( That low temperature silicone was burning off when the heater came on and coming into the house. Probably took a couple years off my life inhaling it. I called Sears and they said it was my Heater and that I need a new one. I explained to them it was the silicone they used and they transferred me to another person and then another until my story wasn't fully heard.

Sears never came out to install the part they forgot. I ended up buying the part that I had already payed for through Sears and my Fiance's friend installed it for him. So paying $6,000 for a horrible job.

When it finally came time to start the Air Conditioner in May the outside piece froze and I called Sears. They came out the next day and fixed it..the Freon was low on the brand new machine and there was a part they did wrong that they fixed.

Sears has the audacity to continuously call the township building in my town about me not scheduling the inspection yet. Thank goodness the people at the township building know me and called to let me know. I told them what was up and that Sears had not contacted me at all. I just said well if it was done properly the 1st time I would have had it done right away.

Never again Sears..I will not use You for anything else I do to my house. Simply Unexceptable..are You not paying Your Sub-Contractors that much that they have to use Low Temperature Silicone on my AC job? Thanks for the disregard of My Family's Personal Safety and the Toxic Smoke :)

Review about: Sears Installation.

Comments

Wow, that amazes me, thanks for the tip. I can't believe how much they care for the money, but not the people