Rocky Mount, Virginia
1.5
Layout of Store

I worked for sears for almost eight months and all management cares about is credit. I was surprised at how much the sears associates would lie and trick their customers into buying appliances and this especially goes for "protection agreements." I remember the first time I seen this and I brought it up to my fellow associate and all he did was tell me to shut up and explain that doing it that way will bring in more money for me and the store.

You might be thinking well there is always a bad apple in the group. No, they were all that way and I would've loved nothing more than to tell every single customer that walked into sears, to just go to Lowe's to find what you are looking for because you will be tricked into buying something here such as a "protection agreement." Also just a heads up for you guys that are still interested in buying an appliance at sears, you have thirty days to return it if you need to and the protection agreements only last three to five years. The fact of the matter is that for a five year PA, you could spend up to eight hundred dollars and spend half of that for a three year PA. Again, this is for any major appliance (refrigerator, stove, etc).

Also, they do not have free delivery. I have seen customers come in and at the last second before they make the purchase, find out that they have to pay for delivery, walk out and say that they will just go to Lowe's. A lot of customers will say that when they find this out but what the associates tell them is bs. Associates will say that if they choose to go to Lowe's, they should expect a higher price and that a delivery fee is already included in the price.

FALSE. I myself while I was working at sears, went to Lowe's and asked a manager that and he disagreed with that and said that that is a false statement. Bottom line is guys, do not believe anything sears says. They are all just money hungry.

Trust me, please, I worked there. And no, i refused to lie to any customer while I worked there. That is against my morals and it is always the wrong thing to do.

I will honestly just compare that store to a McDonald's job.

My last day there was the longest ever. I will never refer anyone to them, that is looking for appliances.

Plus, Lowe's is a better place to go by a long shot. There prices are low, they have free delivery and when you walk in, your not greeted by a commission hungry associate.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments