I bought a Frig from Sears in Waterford CT a year ago for $1,000.00 The water filter just got stuck so I couldn't pull it out to replace it with a new one. I called Sears repair and they sent out a guy.

First of all, they never told him why he was coming, so he didn't have the part. A filter housing unit. He had to come back out after ordering one. He knew what it was when I told him it was stuck, yet the Incompetence is baffling.

Then he tells me it would be $400.00 to replace the unit. He said it was less than a half hour job. The Unit doesn't cost much. He then tried to up-sell me a warranty plan at $50.00 a month.

So, they sold me a defective Frig, sent out a guy without the part, tried to SELL me a BS warranty, tried to charge me $400 for something that should be less than 200.

Then charged me $110 bucks for showing up and doing nothing. I'll never buy anything from those *** again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Sears Cons: Are blood sucking vultures.

Comments

That is sears practice, present a estimate double than what it should cost you then offer you a house warranty with a discount on your repair. I would stay clear of them. Rochester NY