I've had 5 failures on my Kenmore Waterheater (4 within 1 month).

I have a Service Warranty and have to wait a minimum of 2 days without hot water before a tech will arrive.

Simple solutions are not listed in the troubleshooting section of the manual. They don't want to tell you so individuals have to pay 160.00 on a service call.

My last service call tech replaced the entire Gas Module on my unit.

He left leaving a gas leak that filled the garage with gas fumes.

I called Sears Service to report this. I reached a representative from the Philippines who gave me the standard scripted speech that they couldn't get a tech out for 2 days. I explained the seriousness of this, and they still emphasized they couldn't get anyone out for 2 days. You would think at least they would be trained to react to emergencies like this. They didn't even suggest to me to turn off the gas.

I called back to request to speak to a supervisor. Again I reached the Philippines. The lady asked if I could hold for 15 minutes. I asked her to have the supervisor call me. She said I could expect a call within 2 hours. Nobody ever called. I received a call the next day and explained my concern regarding this. The lady again, from the Philippines expressed little concern and basically just repeated what the other rep had said. I asked her why their reps weren't trained to deal with emergencies like this and why they didn't even provide instructions on turning off the gas to prevent an explosion. I couldn't believe that she told me that she wasn't technical and to look in the manual. She then said that they don't provide on-call technicians. I then disconnected from the conversation and figured that speaking to anyone at Sears was a waste of time.

A warning for others... Look elsewhere for your appliances and warranty service!!!!

Review about: Sears Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments