We purchased a JennAir stove and Protection Agreement from Sears. In June 2009 we had a problem with the touch panel, a service technician came out, identified the problem and ordered a replacement part. So far so good. When the part hadn't arrived by August we followed up - the part was on it's way. Two weeks later we followed up again - the part would arrive in September.

By October I'm getting frustrated! October 10 I call Customer Service - the part is unavailable, I will get a call in 24 to 48 hours offering to buy back the appliance

October 14 - No one has called. I call Customer Service - the repair department needs to sign off that the stove is not repairable, I will get a call in 24 to 48 hours, and no, there is no supervisor I can speak to. All CSRs are their own supervisor.

October 15 - No one has called. I call Customer Service - the stove will be repaired on November 20th 'guaranteed'. When I mention that this is a long time to wait the CSR reads the file a bit further and then tells me that they will call to offer me a buy back within 24 to 48 hours. Yes there is a supervisor, a Mr Walter. The CSR will put my file on his desk and he will call me back tomorrow.

October 20 - No one has called (surprised?). I call Customer Service (each call to customer service involves 20 to 30 minutes of waiting on hold because of the 'unusually high call volume') - a decision was made this morning to replace the stove. They will call me within 24 to 48 hours. Mr Walter Rossi is on vacation this week and there is no other supervisor I can talk to.

At no point has anyone apologized or attempted to explain why nothing has been done. If you'd like this kind of experience then buy a Sears Protection Agreement.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Comments

This has NOTHING to do with a Master Protection agreement, but rather bad customer service. At least label your complaint correctly.

To YOU NEED FURTHER EDUCATION ON:

You sound very ignorant/big headed, or you skimmed through/didn't read the topic.The customer purchased a Purchase Agreement(P.A.) which covers just about anything and everything (except for God acts).

She's covered.

What she isn't getting is the right customer service...Also, it may not help the person who posts on this site, but it does help others that are looking to purchase a P.A.

YOU NEED: this customer bought a service agreement. It doesn't seem to be a warranty issue but rather a lack of service issue.

For any appliance whether sears or not has a 1yr manufacture warranty.After that warranty companies offer extended warranties.

Sears doesnt manufacture these products they just carry them like lowes or home depot. But just a bit of advise, sears does service for these companies.

Furthermore, Read your warranty before you *** about anything,keeps you from looking ***.When you call for service with no warranty.And FYI sites like this make no difference no one cares.