Prescott, Wisconsin

I am attempting to have my dryer repaired. I purchased an extended warranty.

You will need to stay home from work to have something repaired. The repair service promises to be at hour house between the hours of 8 and 5:00 Monday through Friday. They can't zero in on a time closer than that.

If your appliance requires a part, you will need to schedule a second and maybe a third visit. The bottom line: You will need to plan to be off of work multiple days in order to have anything repaired. The process will go on and on and you must prepare to be without your dryer or whatever you want repaired for an extended length of time.

We regret our purchase from Sears. I'm not sure where we will do business in the future. You can bet it won't be Sears. This is the most frustrating experience. I feel like standing in front of Sears with a picket sign. I am that frustrated.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Well my LG 50" plasma went out on 12-5-09 I bought it back on 3-29-09. Guess what?!

Sears customer service and service techs suck again. First when I called they weren't even gonna come out and look at it til 12-18...? Really, well I threw a fit and they came out Saturday (1-5pm time frame) they showed up at 5:30pm. So anywho now they're gonna be here a third time Saturday, to "fix it".

Uh my tv started smoking when when the tech tried to fix it the 2nd time. Oh and also I have the master care extended warranty.

And these dicks still won't replace it unless it's not fixed this next time. Word of advice to everyone get the BBB involved or they won't listen to you.

Dear Valued Customers

It is disappointing reading about the problems that you have all experienced with Sears repair service. I can assure you the service you we are focused on providing the highest quality service and have failed to do so for you. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares executive team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.so we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us with an outline of the issue along with a contact number and we will call you at your convenience.

David V.

Senior Case Manager

I agree that Sears has lots to work on when it comes to repair. I made a service on a washer 1 week in advance and was susposed to have somewhere out between 8 and noon only to be called at 11:55 saying they will be there at3 and then a call at 3:05 saying it will be 6PM amd then another call saying it will later.

While I understand the repair men are not at fault - I do blame the scheduling. First - I had the appoint a week in advance - so they should have been able to schedule accordingly to thier work load. I also think had they called me the night before to tell me it would be past 6 PM - I would have been able to go to work. I finally told them no - I have waited all day and basically just wasted an entire day waiting on them.

That evening I went to Lowes - purchased a new washer - had the old Kenmore hauled away and was up and running by 9 AM the next morning.

Lowes stuck to their delivery window and even hooked up the new washer - all for free! Sears really should think about the economy and make changes because if I am going to spend my hard earned money - it will be from a company who knows how to treat a customer.

as a repair tech for Sears we carry quite a few parts for most machines but due to the number of parts required to fix all machines we would have to drive a semi to haul all of them and still not have room. Many ppl want the top of the line machines which makes it harder to get parts for so we have to order them from our warehouse in TX.

If they don't have them then they come from the manufacturer. Sometimes the parts are out of stock due to demand and are backordered which the tech has no control over. The tech should try to find the part locally if they don't carry it. In some cases the part can be ordered emergency and be shipped overnight to you.

Our scheduling though is now all computerized. You can however call the number on your receipt when you receive your parts via ups and see if a sooner return date is available. schedules change daily so that day you want may not have been available at time of service but may have come available now. If you still have the techs phone number call him/her direct and see if they can come out any earlier.

All service calls are computer generated and we have no control anymore as to exact times but they are working on that. If you live outside a metro area you are usually given a 8-5 time. but there are also 8-12, 10-2, and 1-5 times available to narrow it down some. ask about these.

We also work saturdays in most areas.Now if you live 40 miles out in the country you may not get a sat call but you can ask if it is available. If there is enough calls in your area then you should be offered it. I have seen repair calls take up to a month before but by then the tech should be doing something to resolve the reason the call is taking so long. You can always call the manufaturer of your appliance and complain which if your appliance is still under warranty could result in a replaced appliance by the manufacturer.

Don't hold it against the tech or Sears because a call takes to long. Sometimes there are things happening beyond their control. As for purchasing an Oasis well I feel sorry for you. They needed to bury that machine a long time ago.

Also the whirlpool cabrio, kenmore oasis, and maytag bravos are all the same machine.

just different control panels and prices. All share the exact same problems and have been the subject of recalls over the last several years.

I bought an Oasis washer and dryer Jan 2009 and have seen nothing but Fx faults since! Takes weeks to get repairman here and yes you have to be there all day for them to show up and tell you they will order a part and be back in another 10 days!

My clothes smell like dirty socks. I have called the Sears hotline and told them today I am taking my sopping wet clothes and dumping them in one of their display models.

I plan on standing there any free time I have to talk to customers about how bad Sears sucks, how their warranty is non-existent because you still have to pay, and to please never buy Sears again.

I wonder if they will consider replacing it then!

dessinator

Good Lord right back at you.

I'm frustrated by the need to be home between 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday.

How about hour options...Here's one in case you need something concrete to think about:

Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Tuesday and Thursday: Noon - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday: 8:00 - 5:00 p.m.

I understand that you need to order parts. Our dryer needed quite a few parts. I'm talking about the hours required to stay home in order to get the job done. I would like some options to work with here.

I know from other complaints that I'm not the only frustrated customer about the mono-option hours.

Good lord people who have no understanding of service. they demand everything but are unwilling to do something so simple as think.

Look when you call and say what you think is wrong doesn't mean that is the CAUSE of the problem. When the guy comes out and has a look he'll find the CAUSE of the problem. this might require him to have the part ordered.

Or do you think repairmen drive around in a semi with a warehouse full of parts?