With Company response Not resolved

I ordered 4 items online from Sears as Christmas gifts this year, on Dec. 16th.

At check out, I was informed that if I didn't upgrade from my "Free" shipping, to "2 Day Express" that my gifts might not arrive in time, charging me an additional $17.99. I'd ordered a total of 4 items, 3 were wrong. One was the incorrect item, (for which I was charged a much higher price), the other two were the right items, but at a higher price than I'd been shown online. It wasn't a huge deal, until I called Sears "Customer Service", (if you can call it that).

I just spend over an hour & a half, arguing with their service rep, (as much as I could understand, in her native language, anyway), about the overcharged items, only to have her tell me, "I can't see them online", despite the fact that I'd just pulled up the items, & was looking at them, & the price was exactly what it had been when I ordered them. She then proceeded to tell me that she was charging me the $12.00 overcharge, (on the two correct items in the order), & if I decided to return the items because of it, I would have to pay the postage to return the items myself! I couldn't believe that they'd have their "Help". at Christmas no less, spend that amount of time, hassling with, & losing a customer over $12.00!

It wasn't the price, but the point, on my end, at least. *I had purchased a washing machine there about 4 years ago, & it was defective. It took Sears over 8 months to replace it, despite the fact that I am a disabled mother of three, & they knew it was defective. I spent more time & money going to a laundromat than I ever thought possible!

I swore I'd never do business there again, but I "slipped up". Never again, Sears, & I am going onto every Consumer Website I can, & telling people how Sears really operates!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Shipping Service.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Dec 23, 2012.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear DM_McCann,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. We can certainly understand how being over charged for the incorrect items and then having to deal with horrible customer service would be most upsetting for you. We would love the opportunity to look into this for you, and help find a satisfactory resolution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (DM_McCann) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.