1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I am fighting with SEARS as well. My problem is with a Kenmore Elite fridge....

BIG $$$... but the REAL problem is SEARS! Had it 3 years and it completely stopped cooling altogether. Certified service technician basically said it's not worth the cost for us to repair.

After being told by SEARS the manufacturer does NOT have any warranty beyond one year (I even asked him to double check), I did further investigating to find out it does cover a refrigerant leak related to defect (as is the case) for FIVE years. Problem..... SEARS has to order the part b/c that's where I purchased it. THEY have to diagnose it through the exact SAME technician we already paid but it MUST be scheduled and installed through THEM!

The fee is $100 to have the SAME technician come back and write the same diagnoses! This is a covered manufacturer's defect, why should I pay to have it fixed? What is WRONG with this?! We've already lost quite a bit of our refrigerated/frozen food.

SEARS better make every penny they can off their customers. We have spent tens of thousands of dollars there over the years and never had a major problem where we actually had to deal with them. Several phone calls and rude customer service agents later, I have made zero progress! I will try to find a loop hole in which I don't have to deal with SEARS!

will NEVER purchase appliances (or anything) through them again. I have never boycotted prior and I'm not usually a complainer.

Review about: Refrigerator Repair.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Customer service, Dishonest business practices.

Comments