On July 10th, Sears service agreed that my 2 year old Kenmore refrigerator was a lemon and needed to be replaced. I picked out another one and paid the difference on July 10th. I have been given multiple delivery dates but they tell me, usually on the day of delivery, that it was delayed. Delivery dates have been on July 23, July 30, August 2nd and August 13. I live in Sacramento, CA.

On August 12, 2014 my husband called Sears at 8:30 to regular customer service and was told the fridge was in warehouse and would be delivered on 13th. At 9:30 8-12, received automated call saying order delayed and to call back to reschedule. He called right back and they said fridge would be in on the 18th and delivered on the 20th. On August 12, I received an automated call stating 8-13 delivery delayed and to call them immediately to reschedule. Immediately (they called at 1:28 and I returned call at 1:28) called back and women said she only had a record of picking up a fridge from us on August 2nd, but there is nothing about a fridge waiting to be delivered. OMG

August 14th went on-line to check order status and it shows planned delivery of July 23, 2014. Carried on discussion with on line rep who said there is no order for us and that the order number that shows on there website...doesn't exist in their records! OMG AGAIN.

Email sent Afternoon of August 13, 2014 after receiving a voicemail from our "customer service rep" asking what the item number is of the refrigerator that we would take in exchange for the one we ordered.

To: Blue Ribbon Customer Service Rep (This is Sears highest level of customer Service)

I received your message today. I don't know what the item number is since what is shown as available for delivery quickly on the web site is not really available. I asked you on August 2nd to please give me a list of all 31 + CF, French Door, Freezer on the Bottom refrigerators that are white and in stock so you could tell me what "ACTUALLY" is available. I have not heard back from you until today. Without your assistance, I have no way to make a choice without first knowing what you have available for delivery in Sacramento.

As soon as you let me know what my options are, I will let you know the model/item number.

I am not trying to be difficult. I have been proactive and tried to find solutions to this issue. Every reasonable option that I have presented, Sears has said no. I am left with depending on you to tell me what SEARS can actually accomplish, and hoping it somehow fits with my needs to have a decent refrigerator again.

Please let me know what my choices are and I will quickly respond with a choice, assuming one of them will adequately replace the lemon that Sears was unable to repair.

Email from rep on Aug 14, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Sears Blue Ribbon Service

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

tsanford57
Rancho Cordova, California, United States #859404

I large part of my complaint was cut off. Suffice it to say that Sears has failed to deliver on their guarantee to replace Kenmore refrigerator lemons.